Thursday 18 May 2017

AWH May blog hop Annual Catalogue Sneak Peek


art-with-heart-team-blog-hop-logo-current

 Tonight I am participating in a blog hop along with the super talented ladies in the Art With Heart Team.  We thought it would be fun to share some fabulous ideas to inspire you, from our brand new 2017-2018 annual catalogue, beginning June 1st.

I have made 2 cards using the Delightful Daisy Suite. My first card is made using Thick Whisper White for the base and stitched shape, Crumb Cake and Shimmery White Cardstock.



I have stamped the smaller daisy from the Daisy Delight stamp set onto Crumb Cake using Crumb Cake ink.

Then I have stamped the full daisy image twice onto Shimmery White Cardstock and punched out with the matching punch, then offset one on top of the other. You have to see the card in real life to appreciate just how gorgeous the Shimmery White Cardstock truly is! I have also stamped random smaller daisy's onto the Stitched Shape square. I have added a Gold Faceted Gem to the centre of the daisy and stamped the sentiment in our Archival Basic Black ink and also added some Wink of Stella to the daisy centres.





For something fun to go with the card, I made a little daisy with Shrinky Dink plastic!  I have had this plastic forever and finally thought of making something with it. I also stamped the Thank you from our Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set. I used StazOn Jet Black ink to stamp onto the plastic and just punched it out with the Daisy Punch.  I added a Faceted Gem to the centre of the daisy here too and attached it to a mobile charm cord.  It's pretty cute I think!




I'm really pleased at how both the card and little charm turned out!


The second card is a birthday card for a friend. She loves the colour red and so I knew I wanted to have that colour somewhere in the design of it.




The card base is Real Red, our regular Whisper White for layering along with Delightful Daisy DSP.

There are quite a few names "out there" for this style of card, but I am calling it a flap fold card. I have stamped the daisy in Night of Navy, but I stamped off twice to get the desired shade which I love.


The sentiment is from Happy Birthday Gorgeous, stamped in Real Red and punched out with our Decorative Label punch (Retiring) and layered onto Real Red Cardstock also punched out with the Decorative Label punch (punched twice, cut in half horizontally and vertically). I've added some Enamel Shapes in Daffodil Delight. I also sponged around the edge very lightly in Night of Navy.




I really like this card fold and I'm sure my friend will like it too. Who doesn't love a handmade card?
After all, they are cards made from the heart. 💝

Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today!








Keep blog hopping along, next in line is the lovely Judy May.



art-with-heart-team-next-blog-hop-current





If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:








34 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards Caroline and that gorgeous little shrinky flower. Those cards are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great projects Caroline. Your cards are beautiful but that shrinky dink charm is out of this world cool! Congrats on your first AWHT blog hop. So awesome to have you participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire, I have had so much fun creating and participating. :)

      Delete
  3. I really love your cards Caroline, they are gorgeous. How cute is that shrinky dink charm Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful cards Caroline. That large daisy image is gorgeous and I just love your shrink its - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I love this suite and I'm glad I finally thought of something to make with the shrink plastic! :)

      Delete
  5. Thats a superb first blog hop Caroline. I love your choice of colours and the cute little shrinks dink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, I'm so happy I participated and can hardly wait for the next hop! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you have joined. I always love your classy card with their classic colours x

      Delete
    3. That's lovely of you to say Catherine, thank you once again x

      Delete
  6. The Daisy cards are so popular but it is great to see so many different variations. A great selling point to customers as to it's versatility. Your cards are beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania for your lovely comment. I agree with you about the versatility of the Daisy Suite. It certainly is popular. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm certain that your friend will LOVE her card. The daisies are a fabulous bundle, and you've done some beautiful work with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thank you for your lovely comments. My friend loved her card - which I gave to her yesterday when we went out for lunch.

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't have thought to put red with that paper but how sensational is it? I'm loving the shrunken daisy too, so many wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, yes surprisingly the real red worked in beautifully with the DSP. There's just something about the look of it that's hard to describe. The suite is so popular and it's great seeing its versatility on a variety of projects. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow!! beautiful projects Caroline, the crumb cake and white card is a lovely soft colour combination your red card is just stunning its my fav and I just love your daisy charm its so cute. You did a great blog hop.
    mon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika. I really love Crumb Cake and Whisper White together. The little charm turned out super cute. Both cards have been given to friends. Caroline xx 😊

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, thank you. I'm really happy how it turned out. 😊

      Delete
  11. Fantastic projects Caroline! I'm loving the shrinky dink charm to coordinate with your card, super cute idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I loved being involved in the hop and I can hardly wait for the next one. Thanks for your patience and help along the way. 😘

      Delete
  12. Beautiful cards Caroline, I especially love the little charm. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a genius idea with the charm Caroline! What sort of plastic do you use? Definitely going to copy the idea :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, thank you. I have had the plastic for a very long time, it's called Shrinky Dinks. You stamp an image, I used Staz On Jet Black Ink. Then you can shrink it with a heat tool or oven. :)

      Delete
  14. A great matching set of card and charm, this daisy is so very popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, it's one of my favourite bundles so far. :)

      Delete
  15. Your cards are beautiful. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards, Caroline. Great to see some different colour combos with the daisy suite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Yes, it's certainly popular. :)

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.