Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Heart of Christmas - Week 26


Hello friends and welcome to Week 26 of The Heart of Christmas from the Art With Heart team.
I can hardly believe that this is our second last weekly blog post of sharing our Christmas inspiration projects with you all, where has the time gone?! I don't know about you, but I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet! At least all of my Christmas cards are made and it will just be a matter of writing in them and sending them off. 

Here is my card for this week.

Festive party lights in a gum tree is what this stamped image reminds me of. I can imagine tables and chairs set out underneath it in the cool of the evening, with platters of sliced cold meats and large bowls of yummy salads, the type you only make at Christmas time and a big, colourful trifle for dessert. Games of backyard cricket and splashing in a pool, squeals of joy and laughter from children playing with their presents, and all gathering together to enjoy the spirit of an aussie Christmas. 
My tree is from the 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set and I have heat embossed the leaves in silver embossing powder and the trunk in copper. The colourful enamel dots represent the party lights. I've used the layering square framelits to die-cut this image and the silver foil backing square. The garland is from 'Merry Mistletoe' and stamped in Smokey Slate and the sentiment is from 'Flurry of Wishes' and heat embossed in silver and also backed with a piece of silver foil. 





Inside the card I've stamped another image from the 'Merry Mistletoe' set in the Smokey Slate and added a strip of the Year of Cheer washi tape to the top and bottom of the panel.

I'd love you to join me again next Wednesday for the last week of The Heart of Christmas.
But right now you can hop over to the blog of our team leader Claire to see what she has created, and you'll also find a list of this weeks other contributors from our team.

Until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘


























7 comments:

  1. Aww that is so adorable Caroline, I love the use of the enamel dots with the silver Sheltering Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this card Caroline this is just beautiful and I love the use of the enamel dots on the Sheltering tree. What a great use of a non Christmas stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Caroline. Great use of Sheltering Tree stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Reminds me of relaxed Christmas dinners with family under the huge mulberry tree that's been decorated with bunting and lights.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.