Wednesday 21 August 2019

Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 1




Hello friends.
I'm so excited to welcome you to Week 1 of the Heart of Christmas for 2019 by the lovely Art with Heart team.

This was such a popular weekly blog hop last year and I'm really looking forward to sharing my Christmas creations with you over the coming weeks. So, lets get started with tonight's card.


I used a fusion of products from both the Annual and Holiday catalogues to make this card.
Dashing Deer made its debut in the 2018 holiday catalogue, and carried over into our current annual catalogue, and I'm so pleased it did. I stamped the largest deer from the stamp set onto gold foil in VersaMark ink and sprinkled the image with the new Shimmer White embossing powder then heat set. It's not distinguishable in this photo, but the stamp has a paisley pattern on the deer. Due to the nature of the sparkle in the embossing powder, the pattern can't be seen, but I'm still pleased with it as it's so pretty.

Dashing Deer Stamp Set


I cut him out with the coordinating Detailed Deer die. I used mini dimensionals added to the back of the die-cut to pop him up. For his legs and parts of the antlers, I cut very narrow strips along the edge of the dimensional sheet and then trimmed them to length.


Detailed Deer Dies


I used other elements from the coordinating sets too - the sentiment, stamped in Mossy Meadow, and the little flower dies.
 I added a small dot of fine tip glue to the centres of the flowers. The glue dries clear and gives a very similar result as our old Crystal Effects.

I die-cut the sentiment using the Ornate Frames Dies from page 53 in the Holiday catalogue. They are part of a Halloween suite, but as with a lot of Stampin' Up! products, the versatility is only in our imagination. I layered the sentiment onto another of the dies from the set, this lovely filigree frame in Mossy Meadow.

*Don't forget to request a copy of the Holiday Catalogue from your demonstrator if you haven't already received one.

 Both the sentiment and frame are popped up on dimensionals. On the frame though, I added them only along the top and bottom to straddle the ribbon and twine from the Magnolia Lane combo pack.
 Can you see what other Magnolia Lane products I've used on the card?
I used one of the large double sided cards from the Magnolia Lane Memories & More card pack.

Magnolia Lane Memories & More Card Pack

I covered the centre of it with a mat of gold foil and a piece of Whisper White that I ran through the Subtle 3D embossing folder. I added the entire panel to a layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
Three gold metallic pearls finish off the embellishing on the front of the card.


Inside I matted the Whisper White writing panel to a layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock, and from another Memories & More card, I cut a half inch strip of the same pattern and added it to the bottom.
The lovely verse from Dashing Deer stamp set was stamped in Mossy Meadow - nicely centred with the use of the fantastic Stamparatus!


Well that's it from me tonight. I look forward to seeing you again next week for our Heart of Christmas team blog hop.

Our lovely team leader Claire Daly has all of the links to the other participants tonight over on her blog. Click here to see what she and the team have created for our first week of festive fun.


If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

Until next time,
Happy Crafting! 😘



Product List





18 comments:

  1. Dashing Deer it's such a lovely set, Beautiful card, I love the way you have the glimmer paper over the foil it really looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, it is a lovely set. There are so many little dies to use throughout the year too, not just Christmas - you have to love that.

      Delete
  2. Oh Caroline i .love what you've done with one of my favourite stamp sets! What a beautiful, soft colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy x. I love the colour combo too.

      Delete
  3. Oh Caroline, what an adorable card. I love everything about it, especially the ornate dies and the embossed deer, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate x. Those Ornate dies are gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your attention to detail in your card is amazing. Such a gorgeous elegant card. Thank you for playing along in week 1 of Heart of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire x. And thank you for running this wonderful hop again for us.

      Delete
  5. Lovely card, Caroline. I'm sure the deer looks very sparkly and I might have to succumb to those Ornate Dies soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. You definitely have to get those dies!

      Delete
  6. Ok my clever Friend I love this card, it is gorgeous!I can see the detail in the sparkle on the deer if I look closely it is just there so I think it would look fantastic in real life. How elegant does the ornate frame look from the halloween selection such great versatility, Thanks for sharing your great tips! GORGEOUS CARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend x. I really enjoyed putting this card together.

      Delete
  7. Inside and out this is such a beautiful and elegant Christmas card. The ornate frame really sets off the sentiment and the embossing on the deer is really wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Penny. This stamp and die set is lovely to work with.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love your sparkly deer! A lovely combination of colours and elements, I really like your choice of Memories and More card for the background. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I love the versatility of our products.

      Delete
  9. I love your card Caroline. I love the way you have combined all the different products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. It's fun to create using a combination of our products. I just love Stampin' Up!

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.