Monday 23 August 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 8



Hello and welcome to Week 8 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

I decided to go vintage this week for my Christmas card.


Quite a few years back I was following the YouTube channel of an Australian demonstrator and several of the cards she made really stood out for me. In particular were ones with a 'vintage' look and feel to them. I remember them fondly and that inspired me to create this snowman card for this weeks blog hop.


I think I can call this a tri-fold card, I'm going to go with that name anyway. Lucky for me, there are three snowman images in this very cute Snowman Season stamp set. When this stamp set and coordinating Snowman Builder punch first made its Stampin' Up! appearance in the 2019 Holiday Catalogue, I just had to buy it. Both products are still available in our Annual Catalogue, but no longer in bundle form. Don't let that stop you though as it really is very cute.



I used Crumb Cake for the base and teamed that with Blushing Bride and Basic White. I sponged all of the edges with Crumb Cake ink to get that "aged" look. The images are also stamped in Crumb Cake. I stamped off and used the second generation colour for the snowflakes. I used my dark Petal Pink Stampin' Blend to add colour to the pieces of rock on their bodies and to the hat trim and scarf.


Panel 1. with some gorgeous Linen Thread wrapped around and tied into a bow.


Panel 2. with fussy cut sentiment and the punched out snowman, his Crumb Cake arms, and Blushing Bride hat. 



Panel 3. with fussy cut holly and berries from the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP. And some bling in the form of gold gilded gems.


On the back of the card I added the writing panel and more fussy cut holly and berries.


It's highly unlikely that we'll see a snowman at Christmas time here in Australia, but that doesn't mean we can't decorate our cards with them!

There'll be a list of the products I've used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I can't wait to see the rest of the teams festive projects, and you can too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Christine Blain is up next.




If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Tina Gillespie.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.🎅




Product List

11 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun card! The snowmen look like they are having a merry old time on your gorgeous vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has long been one of my favourite colour combinations for cards, and I love the Crumb Cake sponging, and second-generation stamping, you've used to give it a vintage flavour, Caroline. The snowmen are very cute, and your eye for detail has, as always, resulted in a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snowmen are perfect for the tri-fold design Caroline and loving the vintage vibe to these images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and festive card, Caroline. I love this combination of colours together, always reminds me of neopolitan ice-cream!!! Those little snowmen would make anyone smile as they open this cute card, even the adults!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage card looks cute with the snowmen season stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card Caroline. Love your vintage look which goes beautifully with the snowmen in the stamp set; and your chosen colours are delightful together. As always, your attention to detail is amazing. Love your trifold card so much. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card Caroline! I'm loving the vintage vibe you have created, my "crumb cake sister" x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card. That stamp set is one of my favorites that I make cards with every year. Can you tell me the size of the card? I would like to try and make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, thank you. The card base is 10 1/2" x 4" and scored @ 3 1/2" and 7".

      Delete
  9. Caroline I really love your vintage card. The softer colours work so well with the playful images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun cute card and you've definitely achieved the vintage look

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.