Monday 30 August 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 9


Hello and welcome to Week 9 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart team.


It's another Clean & Simple card from me tonight.


 This really is my favourite design style. I love all of that white space as it makes the minimal elements 'pop'!

To start with, I cut three lengths of the Simply Elegant Trim. Two in silver and one in the gold were wrapped around the Basic White panel and attached at the back with a combination of stampin' seal + and tear & tape. I had scored three lines previously and used these as a guide for equal spacing between each one.


Then it was just a case of choosing which gems I wanted to use. I have blue gems, opal rounds, gilded gems and basic rhinestones. Under the twine, I added a glue dot. Full size for the larger gems and using a pair of non stick scissors I cut tiny pieces of glue dots to place under the smaller gems. Doing this helps to keep them all in place.


 The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto a piece of Balmy Blue card stock and cut out with a stitched rectangle die. The tree from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set is stamped in Balmy Blue, punched out with the coordinating Pine Tree punch and run through the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I also punched out three other trees and glued them all together with the stamped tree. This gives lots of dimension and a very solid look to the punched image. A Christmas tree needs a star on top, so I die cut the smallest one from the Christmas Trimmings dies in silver foil.

There will be a list of the products I used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I can't wait to see the rest of the team's festive projects, and you can too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Judy May is up next.


If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Sharon Davern.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅




Product List

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Caroline and I love love the gems along the silver and gold trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how delightful! Such a beautiful idea, to add all those sparkles to the metallic trim, Caroline. I love that you embossed the stamped and punched tree, and added extra layers to stabilise it. Beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a beautiful, different Christmas card Caroline! I love the colours and embellishments you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon!!! I really love the cord with the gems over the top - it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline that cord looks amazing with the gems over the top - such a great idea to score the lines first to hold it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline I am in love with your card! This is beautiful and your white space certainly does make your elements pop. I love that you have stamped and embossed your tree. Wouldn't be your card without 1 element being a subtle type of embossing. Love your colour choice too of Balmy blue elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, those gems on the Simply Elegant Trim are outstanding! It may be a simple design, but so eye-catching, love it, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It maybe a clean and simple card but you had added a lot of extra touches with the heat embossing, the embossing of the tree and the gems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is very you Caroline. Simple clean lines and lots of white. Very elegant. Your festive lines are such a wonderful idea and make a real statement. I can imagine the care required to get them all stuck securely into place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am alos becoming a fan of white space on cards and you have created a beautiful one. Love the gems and the trim and thanks for the explanation of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Caroline. Love all the white space and the lines of trim and sparkles are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.