Monday 6 September 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 10



Hello and welcome to Week 10 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

My long awaited BBB (big brown box), finally arrived at the post office today. I waisted no time in creating tonight's cards with the beautiful Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper.


I was so excited to finally see these gorgeous patterns IRL! I chose this delicate pattern in Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand, and teamed it with the two strongest colours and the Be Dazzling Sale-a-bration specialty paper.


By cutting the DSP the same size as the card front, I was able to then cut it on the diagonal to end up with two equal pieces to create two separate cards. On this first card I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for the Ornate Layer die cut, and Evening Evergreen ink for the sentiment from the coordinating Tidings & Trimmings Bundle.


On the second card I alternated the colours for the ornate die cut and sentiment. I decorated both cards with stars from the Christmas Trimmings Dies using the AMAZING be dazzling paper as well as strips of it cut on the diagonal.


To match the diagonal edges of the paper I scored two lines with the Simply Scored tool. I've mentioned before that it adds another "something" to the card front without having to use an embossing folder.


Inside each of the cards I added strips of both the papers.


Bows of gold twine from the Simply Elegant trim pack and Holiday Rhinestones finish off the embellishing.

There will be a list of the products I used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I can't wait to see the rest of the team's festive projects, and you can too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Judy May is up next.



If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Tina Gillespie.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅





Product List

9 comments:

  1. I like how you have cut the DSP on the diagonal and used it to make two cards and had no wastage. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this paper beautiful??!! I love how you've used it, Caroline - and so economically. The Ornate Layers die cuts in the bold colours are beautiful frames for the sentiment panels. Both of your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so lovely. What a great idea to get two cards out of one piece of DSP. I especially love the sentiment panels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so elegant Caroline and that a-mazing Be Dazzled DSP can do no wrong 🙂 I can’t wait to play with some and wasn’t it good timing to have some new goodies arrive today. I love the sentiment panels too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this DSP it is just beautiful and I love how you made the 2 card with cutting a piece on the diagonal. That Be Dazzled looks so good and mine has just arrived I will have to case your gorgeous cards is I may. The ornate layer dies are perfect and every time I see that sentiment I keep singing that Christmas song! Gorgeous cards Caroline I love them and I love the extra little diagonal score lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card design for using the patterned papers, Caroline. I adore that huge star in the Be Dazzling paper and the extra strip along the DSP edge. The use of the Ornate dies is a lovely touch of fancy swirls for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you finally got your BBB Caroline. These are both fantastic cards - isn't that entire suite just gorgeous! You and I can now be called "Crumb Cake and Be Dazzling" sisters in craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so delicate Caroline. I love the way you have used this gorgeous paper. It is my favourite for this season and it works so well with the Be Dazzling specialty paper and the lovely filigree frames. I just love the way you score lines on your cards. It is becoming a bit of a signature for you and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards Caroline and I love how thrifty you have been. As always I love your score lines

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.