Monday 13 November 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 15


Hi everyone, welcome to Week 15 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Team.

Tonight I'm sharing my take on an alternate use of the Rustic Christmas Countdown Kit. I did hold off initially on buying this kit, but after seeing so many alternate projects I just couldn't wait any longer!

Rustic Christmas Countdown Kit


I just love all of the individual elements, the traditional colours and rustic feel in this fabulous kit. Traditional colours with a rustic twist - what's not to love!

Onto my creation.


I started with a Scalloped Gift Card Box.
When it's difficult to decide on what to buy a friend or family member, gift cards can be a great saviour. Presenting them can be as simple as popping them inside a Christmas card, or stepping it up with a handmade box.

The Scalloped Gift Card boxes come pre-cut and already scored making them so easy to put together. The hard work is done for you and then you can have all the fun of decorating them.


As you can see from the photo above, I cut apart one of the envelopes from the kit by narrowly trimming off the folded sections to end up with three separate pieces. Then they were trimmed further to fit the gift card box.
The straight edge piece was attached to the front of the box and then I started adding the other elements.


The heat embossed sentiment and twinkling stars are from the Merriest Trees stamp set. Additional embellishments used were the gold twine from the Simply Elegant Trim pack and Blooming Pearls.


I used all of the envelope pieces, adding the leftovers to the inside of the box lid. Finishing off with a small piece of Basic White to write a message on, and one of the gorgeous bows from the kit. For the centre of the bow I attached a gold sequin from the Neutrals Sequins pack.

I love the separate pop-up insert that holds the gift card. You could certainly include extra cards or cash under this - depending on how generous you feel. (wink, wink).


I hope by sharing my alternate use of this gorgeous kit from Stampin' Up! that you may feel inspired to try making something completely "out of the box" too.

You can see a list of the products I used to make my project below this post.

Thank you so much for stopping by on your way through tonight's hop. Now it's time to continue hopping and next up we have the creative talents of the lovely, Kathryn Manglesdorf.


If you experience a broken link at any time while hopping to the 'next blog', our lovely host, Sharon Davern will have the complete list of all those participating tonight.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.







Product List

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the elements in this kit Caroline, it really showcases it's versatility

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little box! You've decorated it to perfection, Caroline. I love the added details inside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your terrific idea Caroline. I love your gorgeous box both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline you’ve decorated that little gift box with some gorgeous layering of different elements and sentiment. Just lovely and so easily put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative, Caroline. A great way to decorate such a sweet box. Who wouldn't want to receive such a pretty gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the variation of the kit into a gift box, I love the designs of this kit and like the options of using it in other ways then a countdown to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.