Friday 8 December 2017

Picture tutorial for purse or mini bag.

Hello crafting friends, today I'm sharing a picture tutorial with you.

This little bag is called a fold flat bag, when folded it creates a box inside to hold a gift.


I was asked for directions on how I made this, so here it is. It's really quite simple to put together and there's no cutting required!


You'll need a piece of cardstock that measure 8 1/4" x 11".
Score along the 11" side @ 3/4", 4 1/2", 6 1/2" and 10 1/4".
Make small indents @ 2 5/8", 5 1/2" and 8 3/8".
Hopefully you can see these small marks in the photo above. 

Along the 8 1/4" side score @ 1 7/8" and 6 3/8".


In the photo above you can see where I have scored from those small indents, towards the centre score lines.
Fold and burnish all of your score lines, except the angled centre ones, as these just need a little gentle encouragement with your fingers along the crease lines to form the sides of your bag. 

See photo below.



Next, adhere your DSP panels to the front and back, making sure that if your pattern is a directional print, you have it facing the right way up for when the bag is closed. I have chosen a pattern from the Petal Garden 6" x 6" DSP stack and embossed with the Garden Trellis TIEF.


Apply strong adhesive to the areas shown - I have used Tear & Tape.
Remove all the backing tape and stick in place.


Your bag should look like this when it's stuck together. 


For the handles I cut two strips measuring 1/2" x 10" and scored each end @ 1/2".
Run a bone folder under the strips to encourage them to round and gently bend your scored ends.


Attach the handles 1/2" in on each side of the bag. I used Tombow liquid glue.
Have the handles, at the scored tab, fold away from the bag. 
Punch out two Circle Tabs, one for the front and back, and glue in place. Again I used liquid glue.
On the black bag (here) I used magnets that I attached inside each of the tabs to keep the bag closed, but I have used clear velcro dots for this bag. I purchased mine from Officeworks.


The finished bag ready for gift giving along with the matching card I made. (here)

I've really enjoyed making my first picture tutorial and I hope you have found it easy to follow.
Please let me know if there are any steps you're not sure of and I will be happy to help sort those out for you.


I ended up changing the original flower from the (Flower Shop) stamp set, stamping it onto Sweet Sugarplum with Rich Razzleberry ink. I am happier with this one than the white.
Other embellishments are metallic enamel shapes, glitter enamel dots and a Fresh Fig tassel.

You can see the full list of products below.

That's where I will leave you today.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.

Until next time.....

Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘



Product List














6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! TFS I'd love a real bag like this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bag - and I love your card too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi caroline, I love love love your bag and card. they are absolutely beautiful.
    thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING PURSE AND CARD.I LOVE PURSES SO IF THIS WAS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE I WOULD DEFINITLY GET IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C’est trop beau mais impossible à monter, poubelle, problème dans le tuto je pense

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.