Friday 1 December 2017

Pretty in Pink



Hello crafting friends. Here we are at the end of another week - I am looking forward to a "nothing planned" weekend, how about you? Of course for me it means more time in my craft room and according to our weather forecast, we are expecting a major weather event with heavy rain, thunderstorms and flash flooding around our region, so I'll be staying safe and sound indoors crafting.

The project I'm sharing with you all today, comes courtesy of Samantha Clayton from Mixed Up Craft, just click on her blog name and there you'll find information on how to make it. It's become a popular decoration to make and there are quite a few of us Stampin' Up! demonstrators out there putting our own stamp on it, (pardon the pun), so thank you Sam.


I've made mine in Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake and I think in this combination of colours, it would be perfect for a "Baby's First Christmas" decoration. Change the main colour to Soft Sky or Pool Party for a baby boy. I used the smallest stitched square framelit for the centre panels, leaving the pink ones plain and embossing the crumb cake ones with the Oh My Stars TIEF.
I die-cut some little stitched stars from the Trim Your Stocking thinlits out of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added these to the pink pirouette panels along with some rhinestones.


I stamped the sweet little stars from the 'Wood Words' stamp set, above and below the centre panels in Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake. To finish off the decorating I have used some NEW ribbon and bakers twine from the new Occasions Catalogue, which customers will be able to order from January 3rd. I have left the top of the ornament open and it has plenty of room inside for some little chocolates or lollies for older children, or for the adults some lovely jewellery could be popped inside! I have a list of all the products I've used at the end of this post.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you're new to my blog and Stampin' Up! please send me an email if you would like to receive any of the current catalogues, I'd be happy to post one out to you and have your custom. You can also view my store by clicking on the 'Shop Online' button if you would like to purchase anything online or alternatively click on any of the products listed below.

Product List


So until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘

























2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, I've finally had the chance to sit down and go through all the stats on my blog. I noticed I had a few visitors from your blog so I popped over to have a look. Thank you so much for sharing my tutorial on your blog, I love your version a lot and have seen so many lovely variations of this decoration done.
    I've started following your blog now :) best wishes for 2018, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam, thank you for your lovely comment. I enjoy your video tutorials very much, and I'm in the process of getting ready to start making my own YouTube tutorials, which is exciting. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely creations and I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.