Sunday 4 March 2018

Welcome to the World!


Hi & happy Sunday friends!

It's an absolutely beautiful morning here, not a cloud in the sky unfortunately, and we so desperately need rain across many areas here in Australia. Anyway, instead of making hay while the sun shines; as the saying goes, lets make cards.

And here is a special card that I had a lot of fun making.


A welcome card for a new baby. Obviously my card is for a baby girl, but it would look great in any colour! I have used the 'Sweet Little Something'  stamp set from the Occasions Catalogue and a sentiment from the 'Baby Bear' stamp set in the Annual Catalogue.

Image from the Occasions Catalogue

Being a photopolymer set, the little bunny is a "three step" stamp and very easy to line up. On its featured page in the catalogue, it has a 3 step photo showing which stamp to ink up first. You start with the darkest colour and finish with the lightest. I practised a few times stamping the bunny onto scrap paper before I was happy and confident to stamp my image for the card. I recommend you do this too as not only does "practise make perfect", but it also helps to season your stamp, so to speak, especially if your stamp is new.
Both the bunny and the scalloped square frame were cut with the Layering Square Framelits and attached to the card front with dimensionals. I made a layered banner with the Banner Triple punch and stamped my sentiment from the 'Baby Bear' stamp set onto it. The sentiment is a one line stamp so I firstly inked up the word "Welcome" and stamped, then masked off "welcome and world" with washi tape, and inked up "to the" and stamped, and then finished inking up "world" and stamped. Just remember to remove the washi tape before stamping - ask me how I know! 😉


I wrapped a piece of the Silver Baker' twine around the banner a few times and tied the ends into a bow and added a rhinestone to finish off the bling. Of course bunny needed a bow as well so I used one of the Bitty Bows from the AC. The bunny and banner were attached to a an embossed layer of Whisper White and then Pink Pirouette. I stamped the three little flowers that are in the Sweet Little Something set into the circles created by the Polka Dot Basics TIEF, in Sweet Sugarplum, stamping full colour then second and third generation shades of the ink.

Instead of creating a separate item to hold the gift card we gave, this is what I did.


On the inside upper fold of the card I attached this gift card holder I made using the dies from the 'Lots to Love Box Framelits'. I stamped one of the little flowers again in varying shades of Sweet Sugarplum ink, so that once the gift card is removed it still looks pretty.


Photo showing gift card in place.

Thanks for stopping by today. I have a list of the products I've used to create this card below, just click on the image and it will take you to my online store.

Until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘





Product List



















No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.