Thursday 28 June 2018

Casing the Catty - AWH Team June Blog Hop

Hello friends and welcome.



Tonight the Art with Heart Team are sharing creative projects CASEd from the Annual Catalogue.
If you would like a copy of the 2018-2019 Catalogue, just contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we'll get in touch with you.

To CASE means to copy and share everything, in the papercrafting world, and inspiration can come from anywhere. Just remember to always give credit to the original designer.
Inspiration for my card came from the Varied Vases stamp set on page 45 of the catalogue.
The little pink card is so sweet and my card is based on this design.


My inspiration.


I started with a piece of Powder Pink cardstock cut to 4" x 8" and scored @ 4" to create a 4" square card. I used the Lovely Floral 3D TIEF to emboss the front of the card. I didn't want to hide the beautiful embossed image with a solid panel so I stamped flower images from the Varied Vases stamp set onto a piece of vellum in Powder Pink, Lovely Lipstick and Pineapple Punch. I stuck this down on an angle with a small amount of Tombow glue just in the centre. If you put a few drops of the glue onto the vellum and smear it with your finger it's almost impossible to see where the glue is. This is a great idea if you weren't placing anything over that area to cover it on the front. There are some lovely sentiments in the stamp set too, so I stamped one of them in Memento ink onto a piece of Crumb Cake and cut this out using the banner from the Petals & More Thinlits dies. I cut another banner in Lovely Lipstick and placed this behind the sentiment, just off-setting it a little and popped them up with dimensionals. I stamped another flower and fussy cut it out and popped this up on a mini dimensional. The bow was made using the new Nature's Twine. It comes as a pack of 4, which is great value, and here I used the Crumb Cake and Grapefruit Grove. The other two colours are Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron.


I absolutely love the impression from the embossing on the inside of the card front. Isn't it gorgeous?! And I didn't realise that there is a butterfly on the side of the flower! Can you see it? This is such a beautiful embossing folder, I'm so pleased I bought it.
On the writing panel I stamped the scattered flowers in Powder Pink on a layer of Whisper White in opposite corners. Although it may be difficult to see, we had a very overcast day when I took the photo, I stamped first and second generation ink. It looks lovely in real life - trust me. Birthday wishes was stamped in Memento black ink.
Well that's it from me, I'm so glad you stopped by.
If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much. I read and appreciate them all. 💗


Varied Vases Photopolymer Stamp Set

Thank you for joining us on our hop tonight. If you're already hopping you may have come to me from the blog of the lovely Monika O'Neill, but hops are full circles, so you can start anywhere and just keep clicking on the "next blog" button at the end of each post to end up back where you started.

Now it's time to hop over to the blog of the equally lovely and talented Kathryn Mangelsdorf.

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, below is a list of tonight's participants.



Catherine Proctor
Caroline Manwaring < you are here > 💞


Until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘









10 comments:

  1. A very sweet and cute card. Thanks for taking part in the CASE the catalogue blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, and I like your changes to it, which seem to lift it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - such a sweet, pretty card, Caroline. I love how the embossing adds another element to the inside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Caroline, I love how that embossing shows through onto the inside of the card when it's open, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline this is such a sweet card and thank you for pointing out the butterfly, I had missed that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise there was a butterfly there either! I love your version of the card, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was about to type my comment and saw something about a butterfly, of course i had to go find him. Wow I didnt know he was there either!! I love your version of this card. Love the embossing especially from the inside

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline this is so pretty and I love the bows, which I never know how to tie one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that you have used the embossing folder to step up this card - and yes, how gorgeous does it look on the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Caroline, gorgeous soft colours and the embossing looks so pretty on both sides. The vellum on the front adds a lovely softness and your double bow just finishes it of beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.