Thursday 7 February 2019

Vintage Knitting Bag

Hi everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely afternoon, or evening or whatever time of the day you might be seeing this post.

After watching a YouTube video by Sam Hammond Donald, of a bag she made, I knew that I had to make one too!

Her bag reminded me of the old vintage style knitting bags, and so this pattern from the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper was the perfect choice for me to create this sweet gift bag.


For my design I added the wooden handles made from the Wood Textures 6" x 6" DSP, and snipped off the angular pieces so the top of the bag was flush. If you watch Sam's video, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Here is a link to her blog for the bag details:

I created the handles by using the 2" punch. Firstly, I punched about a third of a circle into the top of the bag, both front and back. Next, using two pieces of the wood textures DSP, I punched four circles out and then I used the largest stitched circle framelit die and placed it around each of the circles to get the framed circle pieces. Then I just glued them back to back to create the handles.


The sentiment is from the Needle & Thread stamp set and die-cut with the coordinating framelit from the Needlepoint Elements framelit dies. These can be purchased as a bundle, and you'll get 10% off.
I backed the sentiment with a scalloped oval in Berry Burst, and added a Berry Burst butterfly stamped from the Butterfly Gala stamp set, and punched out with the coordinating Butterfly Duet punch, also available as a bundle at 10% off, and then the Pretty Label punch. I used the Wink of Stella brush to add sparkle to the butterfly. Using the brush pulls colour from the ink and this gives the butterfly a lovely light shade of colour all over. Then I added a pearl that I coloured in with my dark rich razzleberry Stampin' Blend marker.

Thanks for stopping by.

If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

Until next time.....
stay happy & stay crafty! 😘







2 comments:

  1. Your bag is lovely, I actually thought you had made it from fabric and embroidered it!! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.