Wednesday 4 September 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 3



Hello and welcome.

We are back tonight sharing our Week 3 creations for the Art with Heart team's Heart of Christmas weekly blog hop.

And here is my card.


I went with a really soft colour palette of Pool Party, silver and white. I ran a piece of Pool Party cardstock through the Subtle 3D embossing folder and backed it with a layer of Silver Glimmer paper. I used the rectangle die and embossing folder from the Heirlooms Frames Dies and matching 3D Embossing Folders to create the frame.
From the Snow Globe Scenes dies, I die-cut the row of trees out of Vellum and glued it to the back of the frame with tombow multipurpose glue. Then I attached the frame to the embossed panel with dimensionals. I love how the trees sit off the background to create more dimension. I die-cut the deer from the same die set out of glimmer paper. I snipped away the mound that he stands on and added him with a little tombow glue to the frame. The sentiment is heat embossed in white and I've used the word 'Christmas' from the Still Scenes stamp set and 'wishes' from the Dashing Deer set. I had to mask off to create the word combination. Masking is a process where you cover the part of the stamp you don't want, leaving just the word or image you do want. You can use washi tape, sticky tape or post-it-notes to do this. Ink up the stamp and then just remember to remove the masking before stamping onto your project.
 I'm sure that many of us can relate to occasionally forgetting this step!


On the inside, I have a matted panel of Whisper White and Pool Party and added an embossed strip of Pool Party over glimmer paper and the sweet little tree that I snipped away from the tree die-cut, also in glimmer paper.


I have to confess that it did take a few goes at getting the sentiment words lined up just right, and as an after thought I added the little snowflakes from the Still Scenes stamp set. I had already die-cut the banner shape from the Ornate Frames Dies after heat embossing the sentiment and attaching it to the card, so believe me when I say that I held my breath stamping and embossing the snowflakes!
The banner is attached with tombow glue.

I appreciate you stopping by tonight. To see more of the team's festive makes, the lovely Judy May is hosting our hop this week. To see her project and the list of tonight's other participants just click here.

If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗


Hope to see you again soon.

Until then, happy stamping! 😘




















6 comments:

  1. This card is so Elegant Caroline, Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this card my little friend, the trees being elevated off the background and the pool party, very elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful elegant colour scheme and card Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Caroline. I just adore this soft and elegant colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card Caroline! The colour combination, your vellum tress, the sparkle of silver and oh, that little derr. Just gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Caroline, this is so beautiful, I love the colours you have used and the trees are gorgeous in Vellum!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.