Wednesday 11 September 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 4


Hello everyone.

I hope you are enjoying our Heart of Christmas weekly blog hop.
Members of the Art with Heart team are sharing Week 4 projects with you tonight.

Sit back and enjoy your look around our blogs.


For my card I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 5" x 10", scored in half along the 10" side to create the 5" square card.
I cut a 4" square piece of silver foil and glued a 3 7/8" square piece of Brights 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper to it. I wanted to create a panel that looked like a present and I think I've achieved that with the addition of the Metallic-Edge Ribbon in white and silver. The horizontal and vertical lengths of ribbon were cut and added separately, the ends are tucked behind and taped down, then I made the bow. The extra loops are all separate and each is glued together with a glue dot and also attached with one under the main bow. I glued the entire panel flat to the card front.
Next was the addition of the tag. The greeting is from the Still Scenes stamp set and it was heat embossed in Shimmer Black embossing powder. It was then die-cut using one of the Stitched Nested Labels. Using a retired hand held punch, I punched a hole for the bakers twine to thread through. It is secured under the bow with a glue dot. This pretty twine is unfortunately also retired.


The sparkle in the embossing powder is so pretty.
The tag is popped up on dimensionals and I added 3 rhinestones from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones pack. This colour is Old Olive but it goes nicely with the Granny Apple Green colour of the DSP.


Inside the card I added the writing panel of Whisper White to a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock after I had stamped the message in Memento black ink. I used the Stamparatus to centre it - this stamp is also from the Still Scenes stamp set. To the bottom I added a strip of silver foil and DSP, I die-cut the smallest of the stitched nested labels from cardstock and then attached a clear rhinestone.

I loved the design of this card so much that I made another one in Poppy Parade.


I can't decide which colour I like best.

Do you have a favourite?


Thanks for stopping by.

To see what the rest of the team have made for tonight's hop, just click here.


I hope you will join us next week for Week 5 of the Heart of Christmas.


If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗


Until next time - happy stamping. 😘










6 comments:

  1. Amazing card Caroline. That sure is a 'WOW' bow. Thanks for playing along in week 4 of Heart of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Caroline, it really looks like a present on a card. That bow is amazing, too. I loved the green, until I saw the red. I think that is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards Caroline, how amazing is that bow. You will have to teach me how to tie bows! They really look like presents I just love it! I like both colours but maybe the green one but then I wear an emerald engagement ring so I am a little bit biased and married a man or Irish descent. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your cards Caroline. I love square cards and I love your simple but stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning bows, wow they are amazing, Caroline & I loved your green card then saw the red one and my mouth dropped open 😲

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Poppy Parade card it's such a pretty colour using the gingham DSP and your bows are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.