Wednesday 18 September 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 5


Hi everyone and welcome again to the Heart of Christmas. We're up to Week 5 in our Art with Heart team's weekly blog hop, and I hope you're finding heaps of festive inspiration by following us each Wednesday night.

I'm sharing one of my favourite card sizes with you all tonight - a square card.


The card measures 4 1/8" x 8 1/4" scored in half @ 4 1/8". I always use the thick Whisper White cardstock for my card bases. You can get 2 square card bases from one piece of A4.
I've used products from the Wrapped In Plaid suite - the DSP, the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and coordinating Pine Tree Punch. These are available in the new Holiday Catalogue. The patterns in the 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper are just gorgeous - both sides! I was so excited when I opened my pack. You simply can't go wrong in ordering this beautiful paper!

To the card base I added a matted panel of gold foil and a piece of the plaid DSP. Next, I embossed a piece of gold foil with the Subtle 3D embossing folder and then cropped it with a stitched oval die. I heat embossed the tree in gold onto a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and punched it out using the Pine Tree punch. I attached the tree to the gold foil stitched oval using glue dots. This gives a little bit of dimension, as the glue dots have a really low profile that helps to elevate the image without the full height of a dimensional. Behind the stitched oval I glued a scalloped oval in Cherry Cobbler. Then I attached the whole piece with dimensionals to the card front.


The sentiment is from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. I stamped this in Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White and layered it with gold foil and a stitched rectangle of Night of Navy cardstock. It's attached with dimensionals. I've added a couple of Holiday Rhinestones, a Star Designer Element and some strands of retired gold metallic thread for some festive bling!


Inside the card, I added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to the back of the Whisper White writing panel and attached a 1/2" strip of the plaid DSP.

This was an alternative idea I had as an after-thought for the inside.


Although, I'm not sure if it might be a bit too much. I'd love to know what you think.

Well, that's it from me tonight. Thank you for stopping by.

By clicking here, you'll be able to see what the rest of the team have created for Week 5 of the Heart of Christmas. Enjoy!


If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗


Until next time - happy stamping! 😘

























10 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card Caroline. The detail that does into your cards is amazing. I love the texture and dimension you have created in many different ways. Thanks for playing along with Heart of Christmas week 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, I really enjoy creating these square cards. x

      Delete
  2. Caroline I love your square cards and this one is so beautiful with all its special details xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, I really love the square cards too. x

      Delete
  3. Caroline I just love your card and I love the cameo like effect behind the tree and using the subtles embossing folder. Great card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. The Subtles embossing folder is definitely my go to EF. x

      Delete
  4. Your card is lovely, Caroline, I love the gold embossed with the Subtle EF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. The gold does look amazing when embossed with the Subtles EF. x

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet little Christmas card Catherine. I really like the way you embossed the gold oval with the subtle embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I love how the gold foil looks when embossed with the Subtles EF. x

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.