Thursday 24 October 2019

Embossing Folders - AWH Team - October Blog Hop


Hello everyone and welcome to our October blog hop by the Art with Heart team.

This month we are featuring Stampin' Up!'s versatile range of Embossing Folders. There are new Embossing Folders available in every Stampin' Up! catalogue, and they are an inexpensive way of adding WOW to your projects!
There are currently 24 different Embossing Folders in our range, and tonight the team will be showing you lots of ideas on how to use them.

I have chosen my most favourite of all our embossing folders to feature on my projects tonight - the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. As the name suggests, it leaves a subtle texture when embossed and is suitable for any occasion card or project.

Here's what I've created.


First up is my card. I wanted to use pastel colours and afterwards I thought how sweet this would be for 'Baby's First Christmas'. These colours could be used for either boy or girl, and you could swap them around so you have a pink base for the card.
In our Annual Catalogue we have a set of 20 Scalloped Note Cards & Envelopes in Balmy Blue, Old Olive, Light Pink and Terracotta Tile, and I've used both the pink and blue to create my card.
I simply cut the pink card in half. I glued the scalloped piece to the underside of the blue card front to get the little pink edge that you can see and then I added a strip of Silver Glimmer paper to the bottom of the scalloped edge.



With the left over pink piece, I die-cut it with a Rectangle Stitched die first and then ran that through the Subtles 3D embossing folder. I've matted it onto a piece of Silver Glimmer paper. I stamped two of the trees from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set in Balmy Blue ink and punched out with the Pine Tree Punch. (The stamp set and punch are available as a bundle with 10% off). I then ran one of the trees through the Subtles embossing folder too, only this time I had it running vertically. I've also embossed the flap on the matching envelope - such is the versatility of this wonderful embossing folder. I have heat embossed the sentiment in Silver embossing powder and it is from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set. I have embellished with rhinestones, gems and a bow made from our flax ribbon.


I had a strip of the pink card left over so I ran that through the embossing folder as well and added it to the bottom of the inside of the card. I usually have a white writing panel but decided to go with a Balmy Blue one this time.

Here is my next creation.


I used the Tiny Keepsakes Bundle to make my little box to match the card and envelope. The versatility of our embossing folders is only in our imagination. I now have a sweet little gift set to give to a friend this Christmas.


Here is the same card using the other two colours in the Note Card pack.


I can't wait to see what the other team members have created with their favourite embossing folders for our blog hop tonight.

Click the 'next blog' button below to visit the lovely, Rachel's blog.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, below is the list of tonight's participants.




Caroline Manwaring  <<< you are here >>>


Thank you for stopping by tonight.
If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗



See you next time... 😘


Product List


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Caroline, I would never of thought of using your colour combinations but they are all so beautiful. Your projects are all very elegant and simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use those scalloped notecards and envelopes. I love your coordinating Tiny Keepsake box and totally agree with you, this Subtle 3D EF is my go to as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Caroline. Love the pink and blue set. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, I love how you have used the Subtles 3D Embossing folder on your projects the scalloped notecards are just gorgeous. You attention and eye for detail produces beautiful cards and projects.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.