Wednesday 23 October 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 10



Hello and welcome everyone to Week 10 of the Heart of Christmas with the Art with Heart Team.

I've chosen a Z-fold design for this week's card.


For the front of the card I have used one of the patterns from the Feels Like Frost 6" x 6" Specialty Designer Series Paper. This particular pattern has lovely purple hues throughout, so I chose Purple Posy and Night of Navy to compliment it, and I've featured the stamp set and punch from the Perfectly Plaid Bundle.
I stamped one tree, tone on tone onto Night of Navy, and the other tree was heat embossed onto some Vellum using the sparkly Shimmer White embossing powder. Then I punched them out with the Pine Tree Punch. I added them to a Stitched Shape circle in Vellum using dimensionals. The lovely sentiment from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set, was stamped in Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White cardstock and die-cut with a Stitched Rectangle die. I matted this onto a piece of Night of Navy CS.


In the photo above, you can see that I added a few basic rhinestones to the front of the card for some extra sparkle and the Night of Navy tree has Wink of Stella leaves. The 'Z' part of the card is the Whisper White scored panel. There are lots of styles of this type of fun-fold design and I found this one on Pinterest.


To the middle panel of the card I added the stamped 'Merry Christmas' in Night of Navy, die-cut with a Stitched Rectangle die, and matted with another stitched rectangle in Night of Navy cardstock. I stamped the Christmas tree directly onto the writing panel and added Wink of Stella to the leaves. This photo gives you a better look at how the card is constructed.

I love the combination of colours on this card for a non-traditional look and feel.


Thank you for stopping by. It's time to see what Claire has created this week. Check out her blog by clicking here. You'll also find a list of tonight's participants from the team at the end of Claire's post.

Hope to see you all again for Week 11 of the Heart of Christmas next Wednesday night.

If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

See you next time...😘















14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Caroline. Soft and delicate. You have a great eye for colour balance. Thanks for playing along in weel 10 of Heart of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and colour combo, Caroline. I haven't seen this version of a Z-fold card before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy x. It is different to most Z-Fold cards I've seen. I think the demonstrators name was Beverley Morales who posted this version on Pinterest.

      Delete
  3. A lovely design Caroline and that DSP is super pretty, especially with the stitched rectangles and that lovely sentiment on the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate x. This DSP pack really is pretty.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous card Caroline, I really love your colour choices. I never thought to do a z fold card like this, what a great way to do this kind of card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon x. I'd seen lots of Z-Fold cards before, but this was so different that I had to give it a go.

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely subtle colour combination Caroline and I love your fancy fold xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine x. I love this colour combination, I don't think I'd tried it before now and this style of Z-Fold card was fun to make.

      Delete
  6. Wow what a lovely card, I have never seen and z fold done this way before but I love it. I hope you wont mind if I copy the card design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane x. I hadn't seen this type of Z-Fold before either - I don't mind at all if you'd like to CASE it. Have fun!

      Delete
  7. Really love this beautiful card and the z fold really works with your design! Will be copying this design, if you don't mind?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Lynda.
      Feel free to CASE. x

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.