Wednesday 9 October 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 8


Hello everyone and welcome to Week 8 of the Heart of Christmas.
Our Art with Heart team blog hop is being hosted by the lovely Tina Gillespie tonight, so sit back, relax and enjoy some Stampin' Up! Christmas inspiration.

My project tonight is a decorated Sweet Cup that holds 9 gift tags, it would hold more though.
(The Sweet Cups are still available in the Clearance Rack in my online store, but get in quick so you don't miss out. You get 10 cups for less than half the original price - that's a great bargain!)

Stampin' Up!© Sweet Cups


To decorate the base of the cup, I used a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut from a template I found online. For the lid topper I used both scalloped and regular circles from the Layering Circles dies, using colours that are in the Designer Series Paper from the Wrapped In Plaid Suite.
I stamped the tree in Shaded Spruce and it was punched out with the Pine Tree Punch and added with dimensionals.
I stamped the trunk of the tree in Soft Suede, fussy-cut it out and glued in place. To decorate the tree, I've added some Holiday Rhinestones and a copper star from the Brightly Gleaming Suite.
Also from the Brightly Gleaming suite is the lovely Merry Christmas ribbon. I ran a piece of Tear & Tape adhesive around the outside edge of the lid and then attached a length of ribbon. The bow was made and added separately.


I chose Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce for the scalloped circle tag bases. The trees are stamped in the same colours onto Very Vanilla thick cardstock. The sentiment was stamped tone-on-tone and die-cut with the tag die from the Ornate Frames Dies. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set. This is a fantastic little set of Christmas sentiments with beautiful fonts to suit all tastes. I added some Christmas bling to the tags as well.


On the back of the tags I stamped the 'to & from', which is another stamp in the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set. They are stamped on Very Vanilla in matching ink colours to the suite. The bakers twine loop was added with a piece of Tear & Tape adhesive before adding the Very Vanilla circle which was attached with Tombow wet glue. The twine I used is retired but we have lots of twine to choose from. One that I think would look lovely on these tags is the Baker's Twine in Night of Navy & Sahara Sand from the Come Sail Away Suite in the Annual Catalogue.


I added Wink of Stella to the leaves on the trees. The Wink of Stella pulls colour from your stamped image to give a soft and subtle wash of that coloured ink - as well as leaving a lovely soft sparkle.


We all need tags at Christmas time - so why not spend some time in your craft room and create your very own special ones!

Thank you for stopping by. It's time to head over to Tina's blog to see her creation for tonight, and all of the links to our other participants from the Art with Heart team.


See you next time. 😘

If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗


Product List

















17 comments:

  1. Wow, what a totally gorgeous little gift box of tage you have there Caroline! Once again amazing attention to detail - you are the layering queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Claire. I do love multiple layers. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Caroline, ingenious love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. It was a fun project. x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, Caroline, these are so adorable and very clever. I just love this tree punch and matching stamp and you've really showcased this product in a lovely way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Catherine, I love the tree stamps and punch too! It was a fun way of using up my last Sweet Cup. I'm going to give it away at my next class - I always do a lucky door prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project, Caroline and it would make such a great gift. Love how you have decorated the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project, Caroline. I love all those layers of DSP & card stock and especially the ribbon around the top of the cup with that perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I had to Google how to tie a one sided bow! x

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful idea for a gift Caroline. I love all the layers, colours and embellishments for the Christmas tree gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this idea Caroline. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Michele - thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  9. How great are these gift tags Caroline, just such a great idea for these treat cups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great idea for a lovely little gift to someone special.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.