Wednesday 16 October 2019

Heart of Christmas - Week 9



Hello everyone.
Here we are at Week 9 of the Heart of Christmas by the Art With Heart Team.

I've been busy playing and creating with the fun stamp set called #Elfie from the Holiday Catalogue.

Stampin' Up!© #Elfie Stamp Set

Tonight I'm sharing two cards with you.


I have made these cards in the Split Panel design. This was my first attempt at this type of fold, and I really love the results.

The base of this card is Pool Party and I've used a pattern from the Wrapped In Plaid 6" x 6" Specialty Designer Series Paper, to compliment the Stampin' Blends colours I've used to colour in #Elfie - Pool Party and Cherry Cobbler. I love all of the patterns in this DSP, the plaid designs are gorgeous and the reverse side has all sorts of festive prints. I've chosen the reverse side of the plaid designs for both of my cards. Elfie was die-cut with a Stitched Rectangles die, matted with a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then another Stitched Rectangle in Pool Party. I centred the stamped panel and glued into place at the top and added the bottom section making sure it was lined up with the bottom edge of the card.


Do you like the sign?
I stamped the image in Memento black ink onto a small section of the woodgrain pattern from the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper. After fussy-cutting it out, I backed it with two layers of Soft Suede cardstock for extra strength and dimension. Before the Tombow glue dried completely, I trimmed the excess cardstock to the size of the sign and by doing this, it gave me the look you can see in the photo above. I was really impressed with it!
I added Shimmery Crystal Effects glue to the globe at the top of the pole, and little rays of sparkle with the Wink of Stella brush pen.


The Wink of Stella worked it sparkly magic onto Elfie's clothes too!


Inside I matted the Whisper White writing panel onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler, and then attached to the card. I added a narrow strip of the DSP to the bottom and a rhinestone from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels pack. The lovely verse is also from the #Elfie stamp set.


Snowflakes in Pool Party stamped over sponged areas in Pool Party, add a softness to the Whisper White and help to fill in an otherwise empty space. I stamped first and second generation ink to get the variation of colour.
Elfie's pom-pom is a large Cherry Cobbler rhinestone and the other three rhinestones are in Coastal Cabana - all from the Holiday Rhinestones pack.

Here is my second card using a Night of Navy cardbase.


This time I heat embossed Elfie using the Shimmer Black embossing powder. I used Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends to colour the stocking and hat. (In both cards, I coloured the face in Petal Pink.) I sponged area's on the Whisper White panel in Night of Navy, very lightly, and heat embossed silver snowflakes. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set - stamped in Cherry Cobbler and die-cut with a Stitched Rectangle die once, then re-aligned and cut again to get the smaller size. It's matted with a little bit of Cherry Cobbler and then added with dimensionals to the Shaded Spruce die-cut banner from the Ornate Frames Dies. I've matted the stamped panel the same as the first card. I did add some Silver Foil behind the designer paper this time.


Inside the card I matted the Whisper White writing panel to a piece of Silver Foil then a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler before adding to the base of the card. I sponged the bottom corner with Night of Navy and heat embossed more silver snowflakes.


I had so much fun creating these cards - I'm sure it's because of this fun and happy little stamp set!

Thank you for stopping by. To continue the blog hop, head over to Claire's blog now to see what she has created, and to find the links to the other team participants in Week 9 of the Heart of Christmas.

If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

See you next time. 😘



Product List
















16 comments:

  1. Wow, Caroline, I love your Split Panel design cards! The little touches really make the card, especially your little wooden sign, so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are totally adorable. Love the design, but the colours of the first one are so awesome. That wood sign looks so real. Love all the sparkle you have added too. Thanks for playing along on Heart of Christmas Week 9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your cards Caroline. Thanks for sharing such a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, those elf are super cute and that Santa's workshop sign post is totally amazing, Caroline! I love your use of DSP with this style card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok my friend these are fantastic! I love them! The #Elfie is just perfect for this design card! I haven't made a design like this so I will have to try it because they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you lovely lady. #Elfie was such fun to create with. You definitely have to try this design card! x

      Delete
  6. Love your cards Caroline, the design is great, love the dsp too 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. It's a fun design to try - I'm so glad I did. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Caroline, I do love this design and the Elves look so cute. I think the Wink of Stella really finishes them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. It's such a simple design too, and #Elfie is definitely the cute factor. x

      Delete
  9. Fabulous cards, Caroline. I especially love the colour combo on the first one; it is one of my favourites for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Can you share measurements? I don't see them in your wonderful instructions. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. If you'd like to email me, I'd be happy to share the measurements with you.
      cmanwaring.8891@gmail.com

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.