Wednesday 8 July 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 6 - Bumblebee


Hello & welcome, everyone!

It's Week 6 of our Colour Creations Showcase.
Taking centre stage tonight is one of our 2020-2022 In Colours - Bumblebee.



Sit back and relax as members from the Art With Heart Team, share projects featuring this lovely shade of yellow. Enjoy the show!


I get a warm feeling just looking at this card. And that's how I would describe our newest 'yellow'.
It's a warm, mustard yellow. Even the name - Bumblebee, has me thinking of sunflowers and daisies, of springtime and summer. Here in the southern hemisphere though, we are in the middle month of winter. But that's okay, because did you know that in our Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue we have the perfect pack of Designer Series Paper to help us create cards and projects for every season?
It just happens to be named Flowers for Every Season. This 6" x 6" DSP pack has beautiful images of seasonal flower patterns as well as stripes, and dots and geometric designs featuring our newest collection of In Colours.

I love this pattern of sunflowers and daisies that I chose for my card. It features all but one of our new 2020-2022 In Colours. The only one missing is Magenta Madness.
I mounted my piece of DSP to a slightly larger piece of Whisper White cardstock and then added the panel to a card base of Whisper White with Stampin' dimensionals.


I enlarged a section of the photo so you can easily see the detail I created on the daisy. First of all I sponged some Bumblebee ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock, and then using the Medium Daisy Punch I punched out one daisy only. The second daisy is just white. To create the lines on the daisy, I have a very fine-tip stylus and I just scored lines down each petal with the help of a ruler for guidance. I die-cut two centres for the flower from Bumblebee cardstock, from the Poppy Moments die set, glued it all together and added a gold Gilded Gem to the centre.
The stem and leaves was die-cut from a piece of Just Jade that I had leftover from another project. It was dry embossed with the Subtles embossing folder. I sponged on a little Just Jade ink to the leaves, but it's hard to see in the photo. This was a die also from the Poppy Moments die set. So putting the flower aside for a moment, I decided to add a length of ribbon. Now, if you don't recognise the ribbon, I'll tell you why. It's actually a piece of the Scalloped Lined Ribbon. I simply removed the scalloped edge which gives the frayed look to it - I love it!
From a piece of Bumblebee cardstock I die-cut a fancy edged layer from the Ornate Layers die set. Then I sponged on some Bumblebee ink and added the little dots that echo the tiny dots in the DSP. I found the little dots in the Dressed To Impress stamp set. The sentiment was stamped in Cinnamon Cider onto a piece of Whisper White that I had sponged in both Bumblebee and Cinnamon Cider ink, and then cropped with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. It was added to the card front with Stampin' dimensionals. To 'bling' things up, I chose more of the gold Gilded Gems, a bow made from Linen Thread and Gold Trim and a gorgeous Brass Foil butterfly.


Well, that's it from me tonight. I hope you are enjoying all of the projects that the AWH team are sharing with you each week, because I know that we enjoy sharing with all of you.
Click on Catherine's blog link below to see more Bumblebee creations from the team.


See you next week for another Colour Creations Showcase.



Thanks for stopping by.



Product List

















7 comments:

  1. Lots of little details in your Bumble Bee card Caroline - very nice showcasing of the colour and coordinating products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Caroline and all the details that you get in your cards every week. I really like the way that you added the extra bit of card under the DSP and then popped it up on the dimensionals I think that just adds that little bit extra elegance to a card. Love the brass butterfly too and the centre of your daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Caroline, I think that Bumble Bee really is a beautiful colour and all the lovely Sunflowers and DSP make me feel so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous details in this beautiful card Caroline - I love it! Thank you for inspiring us all with your Bumblebee creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Caroline and so many little details, like the butterfly and the details of that daisy are wonderful. So much to love about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful details, to feast the eyes on, Caroline! I immediately noticed the ribbon; what a great look! The subtly sponged daisy petals are gorgeous, and I love the stamped dots on the ornate die cut. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Caroline, I adore that frayed ribbon where you removed the scalloped edge along with all your other beautiful elements to create this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.