Wednesday 15 July 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 7 - Cajun Craze



Hi Everyone!
Welcome to Week 7 of our Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart Team.

Tonight's colour is Cajun Craze. This burnt orange colour is from the Regals Collection.
I've teamed it with Crumb Cake and Brass Foil.
This really was a challenge for me to create a project with Cajun Craze. First of all I'm not a fan of the colour at all, and secondly, all I had was minimal scraps of Cajun Craze cardstock. Not even a full sheet! I thought I had an ink pad, but no. Not even a Stampin' Write marker or a Stampin' Blend!

However, I was still determined to create something and this is what I ended up making.


I went for a clean and simple design. (I didn't have much choice - lol!)

I chose dies from the Birds & More Die Set. This die set coordinates with the Birds & Branches Stamp Set. If purchased as a bundle, you will get 10% off. I have only used the dies for this card though.

Birds & Branches Bundle.

I used the circular foliage die that you can see in the image above. I cropped it with a scalloped circle die from Crumb Cake card stock. I glued this to a piece of Whisper White that was layered onto a larger piece of Brass Foil. I adore this new foil we have. It has an almost fine glass quality to it and has become a firm favourite of mine. From the Cajun Craze card stock I cropped one of the standing birds and the sweet little bird from the Well Written Dies in Brass Foil. I added five of the Gold Gilded Gems to represent the berries on the foliage, and a double bow made from Gold Twine and Linen Thread.


For the sentiment, I stamped the 'hello' in Early Espresso ink from the Free As A Bird Stamp Set onto Cajun Craze card stock, dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and cropped with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly Die Set and popped it up on Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I attached the completed panel onto a Whisper White card base also with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I always like to add something to the inside of the card. Keeping it simple, I added a half inch strip of Cajun Craze, embossed with the Subtle EF, attached to a slightly larger strip of Brass Foil to mimic the narrow border on the front of the card.

And that's it from me tonight.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Week 8 of the Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart Team.

To see the rest of the team's Cajun Craze creations, hop over to Catherine's blog using the link below.

https://whatcathymade.com.au/?p=5343

Thanks for stopping by. See you next time.
















9 comments:

  1. Great card with extremely limited supplies. Very clean and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Caroline - this is adorable!! You have outdone yourself, with your use of Cajun Craze. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, sweet card Caroline. I can't believe how neat and accurate your brass foil layer is! So beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Caroline using such limited supplies! The gold and the crumb cake really add an elegance to Cajun Craze on your card. Thank you for sharing your Cajun Craze inspiration with us tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Caroline. So sweet - I smiled as soon as I saw it. Your combination of touches of Cajun Craze with Crumb Cake, Brass foil and Early Expresso on Whisper White is just right. Your creativity with limited cajun craze is great. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of such limited Cajun Craze supplies, Caroline. Your little bird is super cute and that gold border is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and simple does the trick here I think Caroline. Pretty little card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and simple card I could even imagine this as a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, I love it so much. You really are the queen of the most beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.