Wednesday 5 August 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Showcase Week 10 - Cinnamon Cider



Hello & welcome everyone.

This is Week 10 of our Colour Creations Showcase and we are featuring Cinnamon Cider tonight - one of our new Stampin' Up! in-colours for 2020-2022.



I was so disappointed that I couldn't participate in last weeks colour showcase, so I stepped it up a notch this week and created two cards.

Here is card 1.


When the idea for this card originally popped into my head, I was only thinking circles. Different sizes, different DSP patterns, and once glued down I knew I was definitely going to be using my absolute favourite embossing folder of all time, the Subtles 3D EF, and emboss the whole panel.

Well, that's what I started with but it lacked something. It was an "okay" birthday card for a not-so-frilly, not-so-girly girl card. It wouldn't do for a masculine card because of the Ornate Layer frame, so I added the medium daisy and voilὰ! This was just what I think it needed.

The Designer Series Paper circles are two Cinnamon Cider patterns from the Flowers For Every Season pack (AC p.148). I cut these using dies from the Layering Circles die set. So, as I mentioned, once I glued the circles in place on the Whisper White cardstock I ran it through the Subtles 3D embossing folder and then I used a Stitched Rectangles die to crop the right size to fit the Ornate Layers die frame.


No, you are not seeing double. I decided to shadow stamp the sentiment. Using the yummy Cinnamon Cider ink, I stamped 'happy birthday' from the Timeless Tulips stamp set (AC p.21). I stamped full colour and then moving the stamp a little to the left and down a bit, I stamped again. This gives you the 'second generation' stamping you may have heard of. And it created this great shadowed look.
I used another Stitched Rectangle die to crop around the sentiment.


Whenever I add a daisy to a card nowadays, I can't not add some dimension to it by scoring lines down each of the petals. I do this by using a finer tipped stylus and a ruler. I start at the base of the petal and score towards the tip. This daisy is made with the Medium Daisy Punch, and I punched it out of regular Whisper White cardstock, twice. I added Cinnamon Cider ink to the centre with a sponge dauber.
Of course I needed a touch of sparkle and I added five Champagne Rhinestone Jewels. A rule of thumb is to add your bling in odd numbers.

Inside the card I cropped another Stitched Rectangle for the writing panel, and added a couple of embossed DSP circles to reflect the front of the card.


Here is card 2.


I had so much fun creating this card. It's for my Uncle, and I really hope he likes it.
I was really excited to start playing with this stamp set. It's called Senior Years (AC p.107). It contains two of the cutest "mature" male and female characters and some fun sentiments as well.


Isn't it cute?!

I love it, and it was fun to colour with Stampin' Blends.
I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, let it dry for a little while and started colouring.
The colours I used were Light and Dark Night of Navy, Light and Dark Balmy Blue, Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light and Dark Mossy Meadow, Light Smoky Slate and Light Petal Pink.


I stamped onto thick Whisper White cardstock and yes, you guessed it, I ran it through the Subtles 3D EF. I did say it was my all time favourite embossing folder! 😉

I cropped the panel with a Stitched Rectangle die and layered it onto a slightly larger piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock. The Greeting is from the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set (AC p.103) and it is stamped in Cinnamon Cider ink. I trimmed it to fit another of the Stitched Rectangles that I cropped from Cinnamon Cider cardstock.

My final touch of bling was adding three Cinnamon Cider enamel dots from the 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots. (AC p.158).


Well that's it from me tonight. Thanks for stopping by.

It's time to head over to Catherine's blog to see the rest of the team's Cinnamon Cider creations.

Here's Catherine's blog link:



See you next week. 😊


Product List












10 comments:

  1. Caroline both these cards are amazing but I have such a soft spot for the Grandpa on your second card - so beautifully coloured! Thanks for inspiring us all with your Cinnamon Cider creation tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Caroline, both different and both amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - beautiful cards, Caroline. I love your use of white with Cinnamon Cider, and also love your use of the Subtle embossing folder. Lovely creations all round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Caroline, I love your shadow stamped sentiment on the first card, but I adore your Seniors card. That image reminds me of your dad �� I'm certain your uncle will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really inspired me with both these cards tonight Caroline. I don't actually have Senior years, but I really like the clean simplicity of the card, and the daisy card is just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 very different cards, but I love the card you made for your Uncle. Often male cards are hard to make but you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really great cards, Caroline. I love the circles embossed into the card stock on your feminine card and your Uncle's birthday card is perfect. Love all the white space and the contemporary greeting with the 'senior' image is a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards Caroline but especially love the first one. Cinnamon cider goes beautifully with Whisper White

    ReplyDelete
  9. There’s that striped paper again!! You have made such a special card with the Cinnamon and White layering on the first card, but you 2nd card is also just beautifully made - I love all that white space balanced with your amazing colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 very lovely cards Caroline, I really love the effects on the 1st card who would have thought that 3 circles could really pop on a card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.