Wednesday 12 August 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 11 - Coastal Cabana


Hello & welcome, everyone.

Our showcase colour tonight is Coastal Cabana.
This gorgeous colour borders on a subtle aquamarine in my opinion.
It is from the Brights Collection of Stampin' Up! colours. It's a bright and happy colour, and we hope you enjoy tonight's Coastal Cabana creations from the Art with Heart Team.



Guided by Stampin' Up!'s colour coach, I have chosen two more colours from the Brights family, Melon Mambo and Gorgeous Grape, to share the stage with Coastal Cabana on my thank you card.




I just love stripes! If you have been following my blog for a while, you might already know that fact 😉. I have water coloured the stripes onto some Shimmery White cardstock, allowed it to dry, and then once again embossed using my handy dandy Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I didn't have re-inkers for each of the colours, so I created the colour by squeezing the front and back of the ink pad together which transfers ink to the inside of the lid. You can then use this as your palette.



After embossing, I cropped the panel using the largest of the Stitched Rectangles Dies. I always emboss first and then die-cut. I find that it gives a sharper edge and it doesn't diminish the texture of the embossing. The smaller panel got the same treatment minus the water colouring.



I die-cut the small flourish from Coastal Cabana, the flowers from Melon Mambo and Gorgeous Grape and the two butterflies from Brass Foil. All of these elements are part of the Well Written Dies set.


Well Written Dies

I also die-cut the 'thanks' and 'you' from the set. I simply snipped off the 's' to create the word 'thank'.



I wound a length of gold twine around the water coloured layer twice and finished by tying in a bow. Adding a glue dot under the knot helps to keep it in place. I glued the panel straight to the card base and raised the smaller panel using dimensionals.



Instead of adding a writing layer inside the card, I simply water coloured three stripes. Quick and easy.



What's a bright and happy card without some sparkle! I added Gilded Gems for the flower centres, and three Coastal Cabana rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones pack. If this card looks familiar, I created a similar one for our Week 4 Blackberry Bliss showcase and you can see it here.

Well, that's it from me tonight.
I hope you will join me in seeing what the rest of the team have created featuring Coastal Cabana.

Check it all out from Catherine's blog.

https://whatcathymade.com.au/?p=5496.


Thanks for stopping by. See you all again soon.

Stay safe and well.



Product List


























11 comments:

  1. Caroline I love the larger font - it makes your blog so much easier to read. And your soft, striped water coloured card is just so lovely too - thank you for sharing your gorgeous Coastal Cabana card with us tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty background, Caroline - those colours are gorgeous together. I love the idea of embossing Shimmery White card; I don't think I've ever thought to do it! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour combination and the beautiful subtle background

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely background in those colours, So pretty and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those watercolour stripes, really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your background Caroline. And how you’ve then embossed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty, pretty, I love this combination and you are really doing great with your watercolour stripe technique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you embossed your watercolour stripes piece - it makes the card look like real watercolour paper or canvas. Very pretty colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The watercoloured stripes look fabulous on the cardstock! I have to give that technique a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Caroline I love your colour combination. Love your details with the embossing folder and the well written dies are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so pretty Caroline and I really love this colour combo, so soft and feminine. Great way to create the striped background too

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.