Wednesday 19 August 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 12 - Crumb Cake


Hello and welcome, everyone.

It's Week 12 in our Colour Creations Showcase.
Crumb Cake is the featured colour tonight, and it's one of my absolute favourite colours from the Neutrals Collection.

I chose a soft and subtle colour palette for my card.






Prized Peony Bundle

The beautiful Peony Garden Suite (AC pg.82-84) of products includes the bundle above, as well as Designer Series Paper, Ribbon, Gems, Doilies, and an amazing Embossing Folder. You can buy just the bundle or the entire collection. I opted to purchase the collection which includes the 10% discount on the bundle. The only products I didn't use on my card were the DSP and the ribbon.


Peony Garden Suite



I thought Blushing Bride from the Subtles Family, was the perfect colour choice for these beautiful peony roses from the Prized Peony stamp set. I stamped the images in Blushing Bride ink, for the tone on tone effect, and then I coloured the petals with the Stampin' Chalk Marker. It resulted in such a soft and pretty look to the flowers. The two roses and Crumb Cake leaves were cropped with the coordinating dies from the Peony Die Set.



The Crumb Cake layer is embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder, and adhered to a piece of Brass Foil showing a narrow border all around. Using the small diamond stamp, I stamped onto the Whisper White card-stock in Crumb Cake ink. I inked up once and stamped three times to create dark to light shades. This image echoes the pattern of the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder.



After stamping I embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and cropped the panel with a Stitched Rectangle Die and the scalloped edge die from the Peony Dies.
I'll just note it here because it's a good close up photo - the sentiment was heat set with gold embossing powder and is from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set. It was cropped with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies and then I trimmed the top and bottom scallops with Paper Snips. I didn't want scallop overload!
 πŸ˜€



The Whisper White layer was then glued to the Crumb Cake embossed panel. I wasn't sure what ribbon I was going to use at this point, so I didn't glue the bottom down. In the end I chose gold twine and it was simple enough to wind around a couple of times and tie in a bow.
I sponged some Crumb Cake ink onto one of the Vellum 
Doilies. I purposely made darker and lighter shadings, although it's difficult to see in the photos. I then attached it to the Whisper White panel with a couple of glue dots. I knew the roses would cover them. The roses were attached with dimensionals, the leaves with glue dots.



For the inside writing panel, I glued down scalloped edging in Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride card-stock over a piece of Whisper White. Then I used a Stitched Rectangle Die to crop the entire piece, but BEWARE, the scalloped edge is three layers of card-stock and it's highly likely the die won't cut through it completely. This happened to me using my old 'Big Shot' die-cut/emboss machine. I simply used my paper snips to finish the cutting.



Lastly I added three of the opaque Elegant Faceted Gems.

🌼🌼🌼

Well, that's it from me this week.
It's time to head over to Catherine's blog to see the rest of the team's projects. Here's her link: https://whatcathymade.com.au/?p=5498


Thanks for stopping by. See you all again soon.
Stay safe and well.

Product List





















8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Caroline! The soft pink peonies are stunning; I love that you coloured them with a chalk marker - not something I've ever thought to do. So many gorgeous details to look at on your card. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and so stunning Caroline, my fellow Crumb Cake addict! The sponged doilies, the use of the chalk marker to colour the peony - so many techniques that only another crafter would appreciate. Thank you for inspiring us all with your crumb cake creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner has such a lot of lovely detail Caroline, and sets of the pretty pink peonies to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Caroline; so soft and feminine. Love all the details you have addded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a beautiful card, Caroline! It really will make someone feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, such a gorgeous feminine card, Caroline, I love how you stamped then coloured the blooms with the Chalk marker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful feminine card Caroline from the dainty diamonds to the Blushing bride and the way you have used the chalk marker is just so soft. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card and the peonies looks very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.