Monday 17 August 2020

Heart of Christmas - August 2020


Hello and welcome, everyone.

I'm so glad that you have joined us for the second time in our Heart of Christmas 2020 from the Art with Heart Team. On the 3rd Monday of the month, right through to December, members of the team will be sharing their festive projects with us all.
We hope that along the way you will find lots of ideas to inspire your own creativity.

Here is my card.


I've put a little contemporary spin on my Christmas card in the way of bright, non-traditional colours. I do like a modern twist on old traditions, and I absolutely love the gorgeous colour of Magenta Madness, one of our new 2020-2022 In-Colors.


I have used products from the Christmas Gleaming Variety Bundle that is available in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue. If you are thinking that you have seen this stamp set before, then you're right. The stamp set and the coordinating punch have been carried over from last years Holiday Catalogue, along with the Designer Paper that was in the suite, but I didn't use it on this card. Instead, I used a pattern from the Flowers For Every Season 6" x 6" DSP pack.


I stamped two baubles in Versamark ink, one onto Magenta Madness and the other onto Purple Posy cardstock, sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat set. Each one was then punched out with its matching shape.
The sentiment was also stamped in Versamark ink onto Magenta Madness cardstock, but this time I sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set. I cropped this with a Stitched Rectangle Die.


On page 152 of the Annual catalogue, right at the bottom of the page, you'll find the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. I've used the wreath design from the pack and attached it with little dots of tombow glue behind the solid leaves. For a bit of interest I added a Gold Hoop embellishment which I attached with glue dots. These are hidden behind the ornaments and sentiment that have been popped up with dimensionals.


For a touch of Christmas bling I added gold twine bows and enamel dots. You can just see inside the card where I added a narrow strip of the striped DSP.

🎄🎄🎄

Our lovely team member Judy May, is hosting the Heart of Christmas this year. At the end of her post will be a list of team participants.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's projects.

Here's the link to Judy's blog:


That's it from me tonight. Thanks for stopping by.

Stay safe & well everyone.















9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards with non traditional Christmas colours Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very dramatic, eye-catching, card Caroline! How nice does gold look with Magenta Madness? I like your inclusion of a white ornament as well, to balance all the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the non-traditional colour combo, Caroline! It is bright, fun and so appropriate for a summery Christmas. Thanks so much for being part of Heart of Christmas this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love your contemporary twist, Caroline. Your use of gold with the In Colours is lovely as is the way you have picked Magenta Madness and Purple Posy from the DSP to create the baubles. A great Christmas card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline this is a fabulous contemporary spin on traditional Christmas colours - I love your modern twist and your fresh approach to this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought those colours would make such a stunning Christmas card Caroline 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours great to see non traditional colours used for Christmas it's bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Caroline, I love this! The bright colours are so appropriate this year for Christmas and I'm embracing your gorgeous colourful project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your departure from the traditional Christmas colours Caroline! and to team Magenta madness with gold just looks stunning. Love how you have used the Forever gold wreath too. I hadnt noticed it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.