Wednesday 9 September 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 15 - Early Espresso



Hello and welcome, everyone.

Early Espresso from Stampin' Up!'s Neutrals Collection is our featured colour in tonight's Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart Team.

I've teamed it with the colours below to create my card.


Early Espresso is a lovely rich, dark chocolate colour and I love the combination of colours I've chosen to use with it.


For the longest time I have admired the many cards I've seen featuring the Beautiful Moments stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. I love the gorgeous line-art drawings in the set, and I was so excited to finally have a play with it.


To create the Rococo Rose background I used a sponge to dab colour from the ink pad onto the square of Whisper White for an all over mottled effect and then I stamped the focal images in Early Expresso. I used a Blender Pen to add colour to the flowers and butterflies in Rococo Rose and Pool Party.


The sentiment is from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. I stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed using the white embossing powder. The piece of Early Espresso card stock was then cropped with a Stitched Rectangles Die. I tied a bow using the gorgeous Pool Party 3/8" sheer ribbon and adhered the ends behind the mat of Whisper White and Early Espresso. Tip: Place a glue dot under the knot to hold the ribbon in place.


I cut a square of Whisper White for the inside writing panel and added a stitched strip of the mottled Rococo Rose. I stamped a few more of the sweet little butterflies in Early Espresso and coloured with Pool Party ink using the Blender Pen again.


I decorated the front and back of my envelope too.


Thank you for stopping by tonight.


Use Catherine's link below to see the rest of the team's Early Espresso projects.


Stay safe and well. See you all next time.























8 comments:

  1. Caroline your mottled effect is simply stunning - there are so many beautiful elements on your card. Thank you for joining the Colour Creations showcase with your beautiful Early Espresso card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early Espresso is such a great colour to use for line images, when black is just too stark. Love the touches of colour on the flowers, Caroline. Your card is beautifully put together, and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Caroline, what a great way to use a line drawing stamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and what a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Caroline. I also pop a glue dot under the bow to hold the ribbon in place

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Caroline, with those birds and butterflies. I love the sharpness of the Early Espresso layers and the soft blue ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the creative background you made and the simple line stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, Caroline - it inspires a feeling of gentleness and warmth. Great use of the stamp set and the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.