Thursday 10 September 2020

AWH Team - September Creative Showcase - Masculine Theme




Hello and welcome, everyone.

Tonight, members of the Art With Heart Stampin' Up! Team are featuring projects with a Masculine theme for our September Creative Showcase, and we are so happy that you could join us for this fun, monthly blog hop.

Our youngest son celebrates his birthday on the 29th of this month, so our masculine theme was perfectly timed for me. It also got me into the craft room to start creating sooner than I probably would have otherwise!

Here is my card.


As soon as I saw the Plaid Tidings 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper pack on page 57 of the August-December Mini Catalogue, I knew I had to buy it. I LOVE the plaid patterns, so many of them remind me of men's handkerchiefs and flannelette shirts. Having this thought in mind, it was easy for me to create the card. Masculine themed cards are not always that easy to design, but this paper really helped!


I created a clean and simple design, and tried my hand at the current, popular slimline card style. It fits perfectly inside a DL sized envelope. The card measures 8 1/4" square, scored in the centre @ 4 1/8". I didn't bother with matting, I just cut and glued DSP and card stock straight onto the card front leaving a narrow border between the pieces.


The card needed some texture, so I dry embossed the Pretty Peacock card stock strip with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I really like all of the different angles happening on the card. The sentiment is from the Happiest Of Birthdays stamp set (pge.103 AC). I stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I cropped with a Stitched Nested Labels die and matted with the next size up in Pretty Peacock card stock.


For the inside writing panel, I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock and trimmed the top and bottom with a strip of the plaid DSP.


I decided to add some detail to the strips by using the straight edge die from the Nested Stitched Labels dies. This die just perforates the paper leaving the detail you see in the photo above.


As a "rule of thumb", embellishments look better if used in odd numbers, but my card just needed two of the gold Gilded Gems to achieve the look I wanted.


Our lovely team member Rachel Woollard is hosting the Monthly Creative Showcase, she will have links to each of tonight's participants over on her blog.

To see the rest of the team's Masculine themed projects, just use Rachel's link below.



I can't wait to see all of the wonderful creations. I hope you'll find lots of inspiration from the team's projects too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stay safe and well. See you all next time.
















5 comments:

  1. This is such a classic and really smart card Caroline. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the plaid paper Caroline. The diagonal greeting looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for your adult son. Beautiful colour choice & wonderful slimline design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fab. So stylish. The embossing on that diagonal makes it extra snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks so good with the Plaid Tidings DSP, nice slimline design.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.