Thursday 8 October 2020

AWH Team - October Creative Showcase - Designer Series Paper


Hello and welcome everyone.

It's time for our Monthly Creative Showcase from the Art With Heart team. Tonight's theme is Designer Series Paper. Our projects will be shining the spotlight on the wonderful variety of patterned papers available in our current Stampin' Up! catalogues.

Now is the perfect time to stock up on your favourite DSP packs with a 15% discount on select designs with our Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Sale for the month of October only.


Available in 12" x 12" and 6" x 6" packs, there is a Designer Series Paper pack to suit every type of paper crafter, from scrapbooking to cards and 3D projects, Stampin' Up! has something for everyone.

For my project tonight I created two cards, and here is the first one.


On this card, I'm showcasing the gorgeous Flowers For Every Season Designer Series Paper. This is a 6" x 6" pack and you'll find it in our Annual Catalogue. Each sheet of paper is double sided, meaning you get more "bang for your buck" and more versatility in your designs. The patterns feature all of our new 2020-2022 In Colours - Magenta Madness, Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee, Just Jade and Misty Moonlight.


Using both sides of this pattern, I cut strips of the DSP with the long stitched rectangle die from the All Dressed Up die set. I glued the strips in a diagonal design to a slightly larger square than I needed. Once in place and dry, I embossed it with the Subtle 3D embossing folder and trimmed it to fit the Whisper White and Magenta Madness matted panel.


Because we are showcasing Designer Series Paper, I wanted it to be the centre of attention and for that reason I've added the sentiment, die-cut flower and ribbon, to the bottom of the card. The sentiment is from the Arrange A Wreath stamp set and I stamped it in Magenta Madness ink and cut it out with a Stitched Rectangles die. I mounted it to a Stitched So Sweetly die-cut in Magenta Madness card stock, and it's embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. I embossed it on the diagonal to echo the pattern of the DSP strips.

The die-cut poinsettia flower is from the Wreath Builder dies.
I wrapped a length of the white Metallic Edge Ribbon around the matted panel and added a bow. I attached this panel to the larger matted square with dimensionals, and then glued this to the card front. For a touch of sparkle I added a few rhinestones, colouring the flower centre with my dark Magenta Madness Stampin' Blend marker.


I kept the inside decoration to a minimum simply by adding a stitched rectangle of the floral side of the DSP. Aren't those flowers just gorgeous!


I made a similarly designed card for Week 17 of our Colour Creations Showcase. You can see that card by clicking here.


For my second card, I designed this very quick and simple Masculine card.


This time I've featured the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. This is also a 6" x 6" pack. It's available in our Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue.
I love all of the patterns and colours in this pack, and they're suitable for both masculine and feminine cards and for any occasion. It's my favourite pack of Designer Series Paper.


 I had a totally different design in mind for this card, but ended up with this very quick and simple one. The DSP certainly makes a statement here I think. The same sized top and bottom panels cover the entire card front from edge to edge. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Whisper White card stock. I dry embossed it with the Subtle 3D embossing folder and used a Stitched Rectangle die to cut it out. I added this to another stitched rectangle in Basic Black card stock with dimensionals.
I glued this to the centre of the exposed white space and added two gold Gilded Gems for a touch of elegance.


 As with the first card, I kept the inside simply decorated with another stitched strip of the DSP.


I can imagine this design in any of the patterns from the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper, just changing up the sentiment and embellishments to suit the occasion.

Well that's it from me tonight. Thanks for stopping by.


I can't wait to see the rest of the team's projects featuring Designer Series Paper.

Hosting this monthly blog hop is our lovely team member, Rachel Woollard. Rachel will have a list of all tonight's participants on her blog. Just click on her link below to continue.


 
Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List 

8 comments:

  1. Love both these. The subtle folder on that diagonal stripes card looks great. Love the matting. The finishing touch of the little strip inside is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Caroline, I love the stripy Flowers for All Seasons, this is one of my favourite DSP too

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so lovely Caroline - that DSP from the Flowers for All Seasons is a favourite DSP of mine too and your strong and simple masculine card is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Subtle embossing folder is getting a good workout, Caroline! Love your cards, and the very different looks you've achieved. The floral card is just gorgeous; so many pretty details to look at. Even though the masculine card may be a deviation from your original idea, it looks great. Very crisp, and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Caroline, your feminine card is just so sweet and those diagonal stripes look fabulous. The Magenta Madness is such a happy colour that you have used behind your sentiment and the flower centre. Your masculine card with the Plaid paper is a great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your cards Caroline and I love the way you have done the strips of DSP on the diagonal and then embossed. I really love that card. It is fantastic and sweet and I could look at it for hours. The masculine card is great maybe not what you had in mind but I love it! It really works well with the Plaid tidings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your cards are gorgeous Caroline. Using the All Dressed Up stitched die to cut the strips is brilliant. I love the way you have placed the strips diagonally and then embossed them - such a great effect. The numerous mounts really show off your focal DSP design. Your masculine card is simple and bold. The added details of embossing and mounting of the sentiment are great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline I love both cards but the one using the diecut strips is simply stunning. Love, love love it. I use that die so often for sentiments but hadn't thought of using it in this way. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.