Thursday 12 November 2020

AWH Team - November Creative Showcase - Make a card with 5 supplies



Hello and welcome everyone.

It's time for our Monthly Creative Showcase from the Art With Heart team. Tonight's theme is 'making a card with a supply of just 5 items'. I can't wait to see what the rest of the team have created for this fun challenge.

Let's get started.

Here is a list of the 5 products I've used to create my set of 'One Sheet Wonder' cards:

1. Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
2. Designer Series Paper
3. Stamp set
4. Stampin' Up! classic ink
5. Embellishments


The note cards & envelopes are a great product to buy if you are just starting out on your paper craft journey. They measure 3 1/2" x 5" when folded, and they are perfect to send with a bunch of flowers, or tuck inside a box of chocolates or add one to that special 'just because' homemade cake or biscuits for a friend or family member.

For my set of 5 Christmas cards, I chose one pattern of designer paper, one stamp set, one ink colour and one set of embellishments.


On these first two cards, the pattern of snowflakes is from the Trimming The Town Designer Series Paper. I initially cut the piece to 3 1/2" x 5" (the size of the card front) and then trimmed corner to corner and ended up with the two diagonal pieces.
Before gluing down the DSP, I sat it in place on the card to work out where I was going to stamp the sentiment and image from the Snowman Season stamp set. For the card on the left I stamped first, and then glued down the DSP. For the card on the right I stamped after adding the DSP. The ink colour is Misty Moonlight.



For the two cards on the left of the photo, I cut the DSP to 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" strips and for the card on the right, the DSP strips measure 1 1/4" x 3 1/2".
At the time of writing this blog post, I hadn't worked out the "math" for how many note cards I can make using the one sheet of DSP. However, I made these 5 cards and there is still a lot of designer paper left over after cutting all the pieces for them.

If anyone is interested in an exact number, I would be more than happy to work that out for you so please just get in touch via email.



On each of the cards I have placed the beautiful, blue adhesive-backed gems in different areas on the cards for a bit of fun and interest. These gems can be found on page 37 of the Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue.

Since making this set of 5 note cards, I am imagining lots of designer paper patterns working well on more sets. And not just for Christmas. How about 'thank you' cards or a 'happy birthday' set! They would make a lovely gift to give to someone.


Add a special touch to those envelopes with a little bit of stamping and some bling.



Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thank you for stopping by.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the creative ideas and projects that the rest of the team have come up with for this fun theme in tonight's Creative Showcase.

Our lovely hostess Rachel, has a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Check them all out using this link:




Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Caroline, great use of your limited supplies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do a one sheet wonder for this challenge Caroline - your playful snow man puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five cards Caroline. Now that is showing off. :) You have so successfully created a wonderful set of cards that meets the challenge of using limited supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Caroline, they are great! Such a cute stamp set and it works perfectly for this kind of challenge. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.