Wednesday 2 December 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 27 - Mint Macaron



Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 27 of the Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart team.
Mint Macaron is our featured colour tonight, and it's from the Subtles collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


What tipped me over the edge to purchase the Love of Leaves Bundle from the Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue, was all of the wonderful cards I'd seen on Pinterest and YouTube. In reality though, I've struggled to come up with my own design ideas. That was until this week when I finally decided that I'd had the bundle long enough, and it was time to play.

And, here's my card.


The stamp set consists of five different shaped leaves, each with a coordinating die, and six sentiments in this lovely fine font.


There is also a coordinating stitched impression die for each leaf as well - it's a great bundle!


The leaves have a mottled look to them showing light and dark areas when stamped. My Mint Macaron stamp pad is quite wet, and when I stamped the first time on a scrap of card stock the detail was lost, so I decided to use second generation ink on my card and I'm really happy with the result.

The sentiment is stamped in second generation Soft Suede. I really like the soft look and feel to the card.


The die cut leaf is attached to the matted layering circles with dimensionals and I used glue dots to attach the brass foil circle to the card front - it gives it a subtle lift.

I couldn't resist using a couple of brand new products from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue. (Customers can purchase products from January 5th). Make sure to request your copy from your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

I embossed the Whisper White circle with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. I just love the texture on this embossing folder and I'm sure you will too!
 The other new product is the Messages Die. It coordinates with a fabulous stamp set called Many Messages. This one die cuts out all the sentiments and images in one run through your die-cutting machine, but I used just one of the die shapes to cut out the sentiment on my card.

I highly recommend that you add these amazing brand new products to your Jan-June Mini Catalogue order - you will love them!


Inside, I added a separate layer of Whisper White for the writing panel and stamped a second generation Mint Macaron leaf - simple and sweet.



Oops, I almost forgot to mention the embellishments. The double bow is made from linen thread and gold twine from the Forever Greenery combo trim pack, and I added a single gilded gem.
Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's Mint Macaron projects. Our lovely hostess Catherine, has a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Check them all out using this link:

 
Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List 

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Caroline; the softness of the "stamped off" ink is beautiful. Love the little details (and that new die!); the foil accent is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and pretty, Caroline, and the brass adds an extra special element. Those leaves are lovely in Mint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline I agree with you about the stamping off - it really shows the gorgeous detail on these stamps. I'm so glad you finally inked up this set because your card is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add: Thank you for inspiring us all with your Mint Macaron Creation this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Caroline - so soft and pretty with that beautiful shiny gold ring to set it off to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love metallic elements with mint macaron, any metallic colour suits it I think.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.