Wednesday 19 May 2021

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 49 - Soft Sea Foam


Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 49 of the Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart team.
Tonight's featured colour is Soft Sea Foam from the Subtles Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


Inspiration for my card this week came from U.S. demonstrator Brandy Cox.
I've CASE'd one of Brandy's cards and tweaked it just a little.

And, here it is.


What I thought was so clever was the transformation of the label die from the Pierced Blooms dies into a plant pot with just a simple cut with our paper snips.

Stampin' Up! In Bloom Bundle.


You can purchase the In Bloom Bundle with 10% off, from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue until June 30th. After that you'll only be able to purchase the stamp set and dies separately from the new Annual Catalogue.


I've combined Soft Sea Foam with one of our new In Colours - Evening Evergreen. They work so well together. I sponged Evening Evergreen ink around the edges of the pot to give it a bit more depth. At the bottom of the Soft Sea Foam stitched rectangle I brushed on SSF ink with one of our beautiful Blending Brushes. I fussy-cut the potted bloom and smaller flower. The leaves have been die cut.


I stamped the sentiment onto Soft Sea Foam card stock with Evening Evergreen classic ink and I flagged the ends using my paper snips. The sparkly flower centres are Pale Papaya from the 2021-2023 In Colour Jewels pack. I wrapped some Linen Thread around the pot and tied a separate bow.


Inside the card I added colour from the Soft Sea Foam ink pad with the Blending Brush and stamped the flower and centre the same as on the front of the card.


I'll have a full list of all the products I've used on my card at the end of this blog post.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
Any questions about this card or anything else Stampin' Up! related please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the teams Soft Sea Foam projects. And, thanks to our lovely hostess Catherine you can check them all out too by using this link:


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Caroline and such a clever idea to cut the die in half for the flower pot. At first glance I thought you had used Basic black with Soft Sea Foam - wow, the Evening Evergreen works so well with this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Caroline and the two greens go beautifully together. I’ll definitely be using the plant pot idea from the label die as this is one of my favourite sets. Also love the stamped flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these two greens together, and just love that plant pot idea! The flowers look so pretty stamped tone-on-tone. This is a really beautiful card, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this card. Now I need that stamp set to go with the dies! Caroline, this is totally gorgeous and what a wonderful way to create the pot trimming down that die. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.