Wednesday 23 June 2021

AWH Team Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 4 Bermuda Bay



Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 4 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop from the Art with Heart team.
Our featured colour tonight is Bermuda Bay from the Bright's Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


This week I've continued to play with the Color & Contour Bundle.

Color & Contour Bundle from Stampin' Up!



I'm currently waiting on an order to arrive which includes two packs of the Thick Basic White card stock, hence the Bermuda Bay card base for this card. Those who know me, know that my card bases are almost always white!


On last weeks Colour Creations card (see here) I used the stem and flower image, this week I wanted to use the single flower. I'm thinking it's either a daisy or a gerbera, so let's go with a gerbera this time. I've used two other colours from the Bright's family - Gorgeous Grape and Melon Mambo to colour the petals. The outline is Memento tuxedo black. In the photo above you should be able to see the lovely shimmer on the flowers which comes courtesy of the Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.


On the embossed Basic White panel I added a water colour wash of Bermuda Bay before attaching the flowers. I've matted the panel with a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock and popped this up with dimensionals.


The white heat embossed 'get well' sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set and fits perfectly inside the smallest of the Scalloped Contour Dies. I added dimensionals along the top and bottom of it to sit neatly over the Pool Party sheer ribbon. Each flower centre has a medium sized clear rhinestone, I also added two smaller ones to the white space.


I've kept the inside plain with just the matted writing panel.


I'll have a full list of all the products I've used on my card at the end of the blog post.
But for now, that's it from me tonight everyone. Thanks for stopping by.
If you have any questions about tonight's card or anything else Stampin' Up! related please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's Bermuda Bay projects and you can too by clicking on the 'next blog' button below and hop to the next blog on the list, the very talented Rosa Leyden.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, below is a list of tonight's participants. You can click on each name to be taken directly to their blog.







Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.






Product List

9 comments:

  1. This beautiful bright card would cheer up anyone not feeling well, Caroline. I must say I was a little shocked to see a bright card base! LOL. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a well-balanced card Caroline. I really like the 3 colours on the single blooms, and mostly white space around. Lovely & clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Caroline and the trio of colours work so well together. The stamp set is lovely and not to mention love the Scalloped Contour dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Really pretty colour combination and great to see you have found a replacement for the Subtles folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a way I am kind of glad you ran out of the white because this card done EXACTLY how it is, is PERFECT. Those colours, the layout ..... everything about this card I love. This is a card I will case in a heartbeat. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour choice, Caroline and I love that ribbon/bow. Look at you using a coloured card base!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should definitely step out of your comfort zone more often Caroline because this card is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card Caroline and I knew you would still be the Queen of Embossing Folders. I love the colour combination. Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your card Caroline. Just stunning and the addition of the colour wash to the White background softens it just a tad but just enough. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.