Monday 12 July 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 2




Hello and welcome to Week 2 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

I hope you'll forgive me, but I just couldn't resist sharing another sneak peek of the gorgeous patterns in the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP pack from the new July-December 2021 Mini Catalogue.

I created a Christmas bauble with the Floating Strip Technique.


I've cut my strips with the narrow stitched rectangle die from the All Dressed Up die set and attached them to a Layering Circle of Window Sheet. Make sure you leave a gap between each piece. I've attached mine with Tear & Tape adhesive and trimmed the excess with my paper snips.


I cut strips of foam adhesive and hid them behind the strips of DSP.


I absolutely love the Polished Pink watercolour wash. I wanted to add some Christmas sparkle, so when this had dried I drew thin lines over the top with the Wink of Stella glitter pen. 


Can you guess what die I have used to create the top of the bauble?
It's the shallow bowl type pot from the Perfect Plants die set, turned upside down. What a find!


The hanger and bow at the top of the bauble are made with the silver Simply Elegant trim.


I added a combination of opal rounds and basic rhinestones for some 3D sparkle. The sentiment from the Snowman Season stamp set was heat embossed in white over Basic Black card stock and fussy cut.


I always like to keep the inside decoration quite simple.


Other than being a little bit time consuming, there is nothing difficult or hard in making this Floating Strip Technique. You can use a combination of narrow and wide cut strips too. I just happen to love the narrow stitched rectangle die!


I love decorating the back flap of the envelopes. Just look at those gorgeous trees! (Please note: the envelopes are not a Stampin' Up! product.)

Every single pattern in the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper is AWESOME!!!


Because the July-December 2021 Mini Catalogue doesn't go LIVE to customers until August 3rd, I can only link to current products in my online store below.
If you have any questions about my card or anything else related to Stampin' Up! please don't hesitate to get in touch.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the other projects from the team tonight, and you can too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button below. It will take you to the blog of our very talented, Kate Morgan.


 
If a blog link doesn't work, Tina Gillespie is this week's host for the Heart of Christmas and she will have a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

See you all again soon. Stay safe and well.






Product List

15 comments:

  1. OMG I just love this card Caroline it’s beautiful. The floating effect looks amazing and what a find for the bauble top! The paper is just exquisite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just so pretty, Caroline! I love your creativity, with the bauble hanger and bow. The watercolour wash, with shimmery stripes, is gorgeous, as is the bauble. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, this is one of the nicest Christmas cards I have ever seen. And using the pot as your bubble hanger was a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card! You have me hooked on the non traditional Christmas colours! I love the square card as well. What size square is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffanie, thank you for your lovely comment. The card is 5 1/2” square.

      Delete
  5. Caroline this is simply stunning- I adore every single in if the patterns in this DSP and I love your stroke of genius idea to make the top of the bauble from the pot plant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Caroline, I love the colour, the DSP, and the style. and Polished Pink is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow, this is absolutely stunning, Caroline. These papers are just stunning IRL. I saw this technique last week and now I really have to give it a go, although yours will be so hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I absolutely love this card Caroline. That DSP is so pretty and you've managed to show if off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floating card is amazing! I love how you've created the thin strips onto the card and gorgeous DSP too. I must start playing with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your floating card. Great use of leftover DSP (or a good way to use new product!)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.