Wednesday 7 July 2021

Colour Creations Week 6 - Blushing Bride


Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 6 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop from the Art with Heart team.
Tonight we are shining the spotlight on Blushing Bride from the Subtles Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


I was so excited to receive my demonstrator pre-order from the new July-December 2021 Mini Catalogue.


So excited, that I had to start using the products I'd ordered straight away! The good news is that tonight you'll see a sneak peek at one of the gorgeous new Specialty Designer Series Paper packs called, Whimsy & Wonder.

And without further ado, here is my card.


I've made a vertical standing Book Binding card.
I have been wanting to make this type of card fold for a while, and when I saw this gorgeous pattern from the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP pack I knew it was time. I have a feeling that you will fall in love with this 12" x 12" paper pack just as I have done.


If you love non-traditional Christmas colours, then this is definitely the pack for you!
There is Blushing Bride, Polished Pink, Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Iridescent and Basic White. I cannot wait to create more projects with the beautiful patterns.


I have heat embossed the sentiment from the Snowman Season stamp set in white embossing powder onto a Stitched Rectangle of Blushing Bride. I've popped it up with dimensionals.


Inside the card I added a narrow strip of the DSP onto a slightly wider strip of Blushing Bride card stock.


The DSP pattern does all the talking on this card so apart from the sentiment it just needed a tiny bit of bling. I used a combination of opal rounds and basic rhinestones.


Here's another sneak peek. The Blushing Bride 3/8" Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon. That's some title and let me tell you, it is gorgeous! It's part of the Whimsy & Wonder Suite.
I cut a length to wrap around the card and added it using Tear & Tape adhesive. The bow is separate and attached with a glue dot over the join in the ribbon. I wanted a touch of the silver Simply Elegant Trim to pick up the iridescent detail in the paper pattern.


I've used the word gorgeous a lot in this post and that's because there is so much gorgeous-ness about the Specialty DSP and the ribbon. I can't wait for you to see the Whimsy & Wonder Suite in its entirety! It won't be long now.

Because the July-December 2021 Mini Catalogue doesn't go LIVE to customers until August 3rd, I can only link to current products in my online store below.
If you have any questions about this card or anything else related to Stampin' Up! please don't hesitate to get in touch.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's Blushing Bride projects and you can too by clicking on the 'next blog' button below and hop to the next blog on the list owned by the talented Amie McIlroy.



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Catherine Proctor's blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.


 

Product List

8 comments:

  1. The white-embossed sentiment on Blushing Bride card, and the ribbon treatment, are so pretty, Caroline. You've used your new goodies beautifully. Lovely way to showcase Blushing Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caroline I only just received my order late today and I was blown away with this DSP - it is incredible and so is your card. I just love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Caroline, I am so in love with this paper and I love that you have let it shine on your card with this simple layout. That ribbon is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Caroline.Great styly to show off both the ribbon and the DSP. Looks like I may be making a second pre-order for all the Whimsy & Wonder Suite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This designer paper is stunning. I can see myself using it time and time again. I love the unique fold of your card. I have never seen this done so I am off to google it now. Well done on such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely is the Whimsy and Wonder dsp! Definitely on my must have list. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just so pretty Caroline. The DSP. Is such much better in real life isn’t it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this DSP, it looks fabulous on your card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.