Monday 5 July 2021

HOC - Week 1



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 1 of the Heart Of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

I'm so excited to be joining other members of our team to bring you some festive paper crafting inspiration every Monday from now until December 13th.

My first Christmas card for the Heart of Christmas 2021 is a masculine design, where Perfectly Plaid meets Simply Elegant.


I chose this paisley pattern from the Simply Elegant Designer Series Paper and teamed it with Basic Gray and Smoky Slate, with a touch of Very Vanilla. I'm really happy with how this card turned out and I can imagine the same layout in brighter, more feminine colours. Hmmm, I might just have to try that!


When the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and coordinating Pine Tree punch first appeared in the 2019 Holiday catalogue, I just had to have it! It's been a firm favourite ever since. This particular tree stamp is my all time favourite from the set.


Perfectly Plaid and Pine Tree Punch from Stampin' Up!



I've heat embossed the tree in silver and added silver metallic pearls to represent the baubles. I needed a little bit of texture behind the tree and chose the Tasteful Textiles 3D EF. I cropped this and the sentiment with dies from the Stitched Rectangles.


Doesn't the embossing look gorgeous from this angle!
It's a very simple, easy, but elegant layout.


Elegantly simple on the inside too.


I'll have a list of all the products I've used on my card at the end of this blog post.
If you have any questions about the card or anything else related to Stampin' Up! please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the other projects from the team tonight, and you can too by clicking on the 'next blog' button below. It will take you to the blog of the very talented, Rosa Leyden.


If you find a broken link or the next blog doesn't come up, please head to the blog of this weeks host for the Heart of Christmas, Sharon Davern. She will have a list of all tonight's participants.

That's it from me tonight everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

See you all again soon. Stay safe and well.




Product List

10 comments:

  1. What a great colour scheme Caroline - so elegant! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've worked these colours so beautifully in creating a Christmas card, Caroline. I love the silver-embossed tree, and Metallic Pearls. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card that you have put together beautifully. Love the embossing on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The designer paper works so well for a Christmas card, Caroline. It's a great layout and I love the inside treatment, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant card Caroline and I just love your colour choices. It is a beautiful card! The DSP is just perfect for Christmas cards! Thank you for participating in the first HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Caroline, this is such an elegant and gorgeous Christmas card. That DSP looks amazing and I love what you have done on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant Christmas card and those metallic pearls go beautifully with the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Your cards are always so elegant Caroline! Just love this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caroline, I would never have thought to use that DSP for a Christmas card, but it is perfect!!! Stunning and elegant as usual. A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very elegant Christmas card. Not something I would have chosen to use but it works very well!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.