Monday 16 August 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 7



Hello and welcome to Week 7 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

Continuing on with my love of non traditional Christmas colours, this weeks card once again features the Tidings & Trimmings Bundle and the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP.


I decided to use one of the stocking images from the Tidings & Trimmings stamp set on this card, and some very sweet die cuts from the coordinating Christmas Trimmings Dies. I just love the look of the gorgeous foliage popping out from inside the stocking.


The Polished Pink matted centre layer is popped up with foam adhesive sheets cut to size. I used mini glue dots behind the stocking so I had room to slip the foliage die cuts down inside the opening. In hindsight, I wish I had given some texture to the pink layer as it does look a little bit plain, but still pretty. In this photo you can see the beautiful silver foiling on the specialty designer paper.


I stamped the stocking twice and on the second one I cut off just the cuff and glued it to the main stocking to add some dimension.


I added a strip of the SDSP and three stars to the inside.


The three Mint Macaron stars twinkle from a touch of the Wink of Stella glitter pen. You might just be able to see a sparkle on them.

There'll be a list of the products I've used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's festive projects, and you can see them too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

Up next is our queen of fun-fold cards, the lovely and talented, Sharon Davern.
She also happens to be this weeks host for the Heart of Christmas.


If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on Sharon's blog.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅



 
Product List

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, Caroline. I think the Polished Pink panel is perfect "as is" ... there's lots going on with other patterns and textures on your card, so the focal panel doesn't need to be embossed to stand out. I love the silver holly leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card. The Polished Pink panel jumped right out at me, it looks great. Just love all those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really bright and fun and very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this non-traditional colour scheme, Caroline. It works so well paired with the Tidings bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Caroline and so love the Polished Pink layer and yes love the twigs sticking out of the stocking. I really like the other little bits from the stars to the silver Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card is just beautiful and I love the leaves coming out of the stocking. I love the sentiment it always gets me singing a Christmas song I know! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Caroline, I adore that little stocking with the foliage peeking out and the crisp white embossed sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Caroline and I love the spriggs pocking out of the top of the stocking. The Wink of Stella is also a great idea to make the stars sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Caroline. I love how you have used that gorgeous paper (which completely intimidates me) so confidently and beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.