Wednesday 29 September 2021

Colour Creations Week 18 - Garden Green



Hello and welcome to Week 18 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our featured colour this week is Garden Green from the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


I decided not to make a card for this weeks challenge. Instead I've made this Christmas gift bag for my father-in-law.


I thought this tree pattern from the Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper was perfect for a masculine gift bag. The 12" x 12" pack is from the Sale-a-bration catalogue and it's FREE with a $90 spend on Stampin' Up! products. You still have just enough time to get your hands on this paper pack but Sale-a-bration does finish on 30th September, so get in quickly before it's too late.

Stampin' Up! © Sale-a-bration Peaceful Prints 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper.



The colours in the DSP pack are Garden Green, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red and Sahara Sand. But I stuck to just three of the colours for my bag - Garden Green, Basic Black and a little Sahara Sand. The paper coordinates with the Peaceful Deer Bundle from the Mini Catalogue.


The gusseted card stock sides give a bit more strength to the bag and I think it adds to the finished look too. I used two pieces of the DSP and the bag measures 8" wide, 8 1/4" high and is 2 1/4" deep.

I recently purchased the Tailor Made Tags Dies and I've used one of the styles here. The sentiments are stamped in Garden Green and are from the Peaceful Deer stamp set. I stamped the plaid tree from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set in Tuxedo Black onto Garden Green card stock three times. I've used the matching Pine Tree Punch to punch each one out. Then I snipped off the bottoms on two of them and layered them over the top of each other separating them slightly to copy the trees in the DSP. I used dimensionals behind the two snipped off trees.


Behind the tree is a piece of another pattern from the Peaceful Prints DSP and a strip of the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper. The star is from the Christmas Trimmings dies.


The bag is a great size and will hold some lovely gifts for my FIL.
See below for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my project.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's festive creations. You can see them too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

Our next creative and talented team member is Andrea Sargent.


The lovely Catherine Proctor is our host for the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Click here to see the full list of all tonight's participants and their blog links.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🌼




Product List

7 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to turn this DSP into a masculine bag, Caroline. You've bought all these different elements together in your tag to perfectly match your bag - love the layered tree idea on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful gift bag for a gift this Christmas, Caroline. I should make some of these myself, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and a really good size for a lovely Christmas gift. the tailored tags and the perfectly plaid set set work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline I'm sure your father in law will love the gift bag and what a fabulous way to use the retiring DSP. The addition of the tags is a great idea. All ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous looking bag Caroline with the gusseted sides and I love the tag and how you have layered the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, how wonderful! What a great idea, the bag looks fabulous, and I adore the gift tag you've created to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.