Monday 27 September 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 13




Hello and welcome to Week 13 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart team.

I had a request from one of my lovely Facebook followers to make a Shadow Box card in my LIVE tutorial last Wednesday night. This was just one of the designs I created.


Crisp, clean white - I love it!
Our beautiful Basic White Thick A4 card stock is perfect for card bases. And you know how much I love my white card bases!

The Shadow Box card is easy to create. The size for this card is 5 3/4" x 6 1/4" and scored @ 1/2" and 1" both sides, and decorating them is fun!


The rectangular opening was cut using a Stitched Rectangle die. I then used a Scalloped Contours die to decorate the front of the card. The two inner stitched rectangle pieces were used inside the card - behind the DSP, and on the back for the writing panel.



This Shadow Box design makes such a beautiful display card.


Inside the card I've used the gorgeous Tidings of Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper. This pattern made a beautiful background for my prancing reindeer. And as I've mentioned before, it's not a Christmas card until I've added some of the glamorous Be Dazzling Specialty Sale-a-bration paper.


The sentiment and reindeer are part of the Peaceful Deer Bundle that consists of the Peaceful Deer stamp set and Deer Builder Punch.
The sentiment is stamped in Evening Evergreen and cut with an Ornate Frames die.

See below this blog post for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each thumbnail pic is linked to my online store.

Here is a collage of some more Shadow Box cards I created for my Facebook followers.


Well, that's it from me until next time. Thanks for stopping by.

Hop along with me now as I take a look at what the rest of the team have created for tonight's Heart of Christmas.
Just click on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

Our next creative and talented team member is Claire Daly.


If you do happen to find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Sharon Davern.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅





Product List

8 comments:

  1. A crisp & pristine white card, Caroline. I love the soft DSP panel in the background for a little colour and Scallop Contour die adds a lovely border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is beautiful, Caroline. Crisp, white, elegant simplicity ... with gorgeous details! The DSP and gold accents are perfect choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic fancy fold caroline - I bet your facebook followers loved it! You'll be an influencer in no time at all with gorgeous cards like these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful design and perfect to display the deer. Love all the other card creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful! I love that you've chosen a very subtle piece of DSP to go with all the crisp white card. It's absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Caroline. AS you said clean and crisp and the choice of subtle DSP is perfect. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline your shadow box card is adorable. In fact all your shadow box cards are stunning. I love how crisp and clean your card is. It makes a beautiful display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful shadow box card. It looks very crisp being in white with the focus on the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.