Monday 13 September 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 11




Hello and welcome to Week 11 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

The patterns and colours in the Tidings of Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper are so beautiful! Since receiving the pack in my most recent order, I haven't stopped creating with it.


After finding this fun fold design on Pinterest I wanted to try it myself. It's called a Criss Cross Pocket Card. The pocket is created with a sheet of A4 card stock cut in half and a separate insert. I just knew these festive patterns would look great on this card.


It's so nice to find something different to create for Christmas cards. Not only can it be used as a normal card where you just write your personal message on the insert, the pocket could also hold your yearly newsletter for family and friends, gift cards or cash. It's a great idea and I can see myself making more of them. And, they fit perfectly inside our medium size envelopes.


Inside the same box as the beautiful papers was the white glittered organdy ribbon from the Mini Catalogue. It is gorgeous!!! Softer than the black organdy ribbon but just as sparkly, and perfect for Christmas crafting. Of course, I just had to add a bit of the Be Dazzling bling in the form of a star.


On this card I used a different pattern from the Tidings of Christmas DSP and the Evening Evergreen card stock instead of the Cherry Cobbler. I also crossed the triangular flaps opposite to my first card. The insert and scalloped mat behind the sentiment are all dies from the Scalloped Contours set and the stamped sentiment was cut with a Stitched Rectangle die.

There will be a list of all the products I used to create the cards below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's festive projects. You can see them too by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Rachel Woollard is up next.


If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Tina Gillespie.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅




Product List

8 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful, and special, cards Caroline! I especially love the crisp look of the white card base behind the papers on your first card. I agree with you about the Tidings Of Christmas DSP - love it, and love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your criss cross pocket cards show off the the tidings of Christmas DSP very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design to show off that beautiful DSP. These are both wonderfully practical and beautiful Christmas cards Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, Caroline. I adore that little glittery bow and the scalloped contour die adds a lovely touch to the notecard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design Caroline. I love your choice of DSP and the scalloped insert is perfect. Great for tucking in a gift card or some money or even a photo. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect design for adding the notecard and/or other item such as gift card and great use of DSP. Also love the sparkly stars and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards Caroline and I love the alternative to the traditional type of card. Those bows look cute on top

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design - I totally agree that it would be perfect for a newsletter or a photo. I especially love the second one, with the green DSP. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.