Monday 11 October 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 15


Hello and welcome to the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

Tonight's card is a CASE from UK Demonstrator Sarah Phelan.


Inside my BBB (big brown box), that I received on Friday was the lovely, Words of Cheer Bundle. I really wanted to play with it over the weekend but I just couldn't get any ideas flowing. I needed inspiration and started searching Pinterest and YouTube. These are great resources when you're stuck for ideas, as are our Stampin' Up! catalogues.


I came across Sarah's card on YouTube and thought it was so lovely and elegant that I just had to replicate it. The poinsettia stamp from the Words of Cheer stamp set, was partially stamped with versamark into each corner of the Basic White square layer, and heat embossed in gold.
Each element is then backed with gold foil. A tip I learnt a long time ago is to, when possible, cut smaller die cut pieces from the larger mat layer of foil. It gets covered anyway, and you might as well save where you can.


Inside, I added a double layer of Basic White and stamped and heat embossed the lower right corner.


The addition of gold metallic pearls for the poinsettia centres, is all this card really needed as far as embellishing goes.


The simple elegance of this design is what struck me first. I also made one with copper foil and it looks just as gorgeous. On the original card, Sarah stuck the 'happy' directly to the card with multipurpose glue but I popped mine up with mini dimensionals.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
See below for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create this card.

It's time to check out what the rest of the team have created for tonight's Heart of Christmas.
Just click on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

Our next creative and talented team member is, Tina Gillespie.


You can find the list of all tonight's participants and their blog links on the blog of our lovely host, Sharon Davern.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅





Product List

7 comments:

  1. What an elegant card, Caroline - I love all that embossing and I bet it looks even more incredible in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold embossing, white cardstock and that gorgeous stamp make for a stunning card Caroline. I love the white on white layers on the inside of your card. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! One of my favourite Christmas bundles, that I hadn't even thought to create with in white and gold. Your card really is elegant, and so beautifully put together, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so elegant and gorgeous! I would have been tempted to add colour to the poinsettias, but I think it's absolutely perfect the way that you've made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline I could look at your card all day it is gorgeous! I just love it! I love the gold embossing and I think I might have to get this bundle in my next BBB as I am loving all the cards made with it and this is just beautiful! I do love the extra layer of Basic White on the inside of the card it just adds that little extra elegance to the card. I love your card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutey gorgeous, Caroline. The gold and white is such a classy look for Christmas. The gold foil layering of the sentiment and die are perfect with the embossed flowers. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card Caroline as must be the copper one. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.