Monday 18 October 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 16


Hello and welcome to the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

I spent a lovely afternoon yesterday colouring in this beautiful image from the Words of Cheer stamp set.


There's just something about either the image or the font of the 'Seasons Greetings' sentiment that brings to my mind, the lovely vintage look and feel to this card. Maybe it's the layout design, whatever it is, I just love the finished look.


I took this close up so you could see the gorgeous sparkle from the Wink of Stella glitter brush. I carefully traced over the letters in the 'seasons greetings' sentiment too.


I only just noticed that the blue gems I placed in the centre of the poinsettias were coming off - lol. All fixed now!
I used one of the aperture shapes from the Messages Die to cut out the main sentiment. Running a small nib stylus around the inside of the die before popping out your cut piece enhances the embossed look.


 I thought of this after I had stamped everything, but thankfully it still worked! I used a blending brush and added some soft Balmy Blue shading around the focal image. Balmy Blue is obviously the feature colour but I've also used Night of Navy, Pool Party and Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends Combo markers to colour my image.


Here's the inside.


This is such a beautiful image, perfect for colouring in any colour. Trust me, you'll find it so relaxing.

Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
Let's go see what the rest of the team have created for tonight's Heart of Christmas - Week 16.

Our next creative and talented team member is, Ros Davidson.


If you have any trouble with the 'next blog' button, our lovely host tonight is, Tina Gillespie and she will have the entire list of all tonight's participants and their blog links over on her blog.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🎅







Product List

8 comments:

  1. Aww, so pretty! Your sparkly, blue poinsettias are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Caroline. I thought my eyes were playing up, then I finally got to the end of your post, and you did add some soft brushing of blue around the images, phew LOL. Such an elegant card and amazing steady hands to add the Wink of Stella to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this image is just so beautiful to colour. You've hit it out of the park with your gorgeous colour combination, Caroline. The shimmer on the poinsettias and sentiment is lovely, and I am particularly taken with the embossed border on the sentiment die-cut. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the white space you create on your cards. I really love your work with the Wink of Stella and blending brushes here too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card does have a lovely soft vintage vibe, Caroline, and I love the Wink of stella sparkle in your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Caroline and I love the blues you have used and the light blending around the images. Very impressed with the Wink of Stella on the lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness this is just beautiful Caroline I love it in all the simplicity but beauty of the colouring! The wink of stella on the flowers is just perfect too! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully coloured image Caroline. Your card is stunning. I particularly like the additional soft shading around the image. It really helps make it pop off the page. Clever use of the Wink of Stella too.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.