Wednesday 19 January 2022

Colour Creations Week 32 - Old Olive




Hello everyone, welcome to Week 32 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our spotlight colour tonight is Old Olive - a member of the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


On my card I've used Old Olive as an accent colour to Soft Sea Foam and Fresh Freesia.


I needed a thank you card for a new customer and I chose to feature the beautiful images from the Flowing Flowers stamp set from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue. These lovely Distinktive designs have lots of detail and shading and I love the variety of sentiments and font.


I used the Stitched Greenery die that adds stitched leaf detail to the Soft Sea Foam layer and then matted it to a piece of Old Olive. On the Basic White layer I used the Stamparatus and sponge daubers to stamp and colour the flower image. I have embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder and die cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die.


  Inside the card I added a strip of Old Olive and some of the detail from the Stitched Greenery die on Soft Sea Foam to echo the front of the card. And this time I inked up the smaller flower image.


The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Old Olive card stock and fussy cut. I tied a loopy bow after wrapping some linen thread around the basic white layer a few times, and I finished off with Fresh Freesia flower flourishes and basic rhinestones.

Below you will find a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
It's time to see more Old Olive projects from the Art with Heart Team.

Our next talented and creative team member is, Sharon Davern.


As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is beautiful, Caroline! I hadn't even thought to put Soft Sea Foam with Old Olive, but they go so nicely together. Love your choice of dies and embossing folder, and embellishments. Just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful colour combination, Caroline. I love the soft femininity of this card, the inside decoration and, of course, the linen thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable feminine card, Caroline. I love the softness of the Sea Foam with the darker shades. The Linen Thread is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap on the same stamp set Caroline! Your card is simply stunning and beautiful! I love your colour combination the soft sea foam sets off the old olive beautifully. Such a soft lovely card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Caroline and love your choice of soft colours that really complements Old Olive. And ‘snap’ on the use of the versatile Stitched greenery die. Love your embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely colour combination and not one that came to mind for me but you have used it beautifully in your lovely feminine card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.