Wednesday 26 January 2022

Colour Creations Week 33 - Pacific Point



Hello and welcome to Week 33 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our spotlight colour tonight is Pacific Point, a member of the Bright's Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.

My card is a CASE of one I found in the Jan-June Mini Catalogue featuring the Eden Dies, pictured below.


And here is my version.


I absolutely love how this card turned out. It was my first try with the new Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative masks, and I highly recommend getting them - they are so much fun!

Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks




The DSP layer is a woodgrain pattern from the Heart & Home 12" x 12" paper pack. Using our blending brushes I have coloured the butterfly directly onto the DSP with colours Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia and Pacific Point. The blending brushes give such a gorgeous soft colour and look. I've also stamped one of the small leaf stamps from the Eden's Garden stamp set in Soft Sea Foam in a few places around the butterfly.


In this close up pic you can see all the detail in the Eden Dies die cuts, including the rectangular shaped wreath and the smaller foliage pieces which are cut from Pacific Point, Soft Sea Foam and Fresh Freesia. The white heat embossed sentiment is from the Flowing Flowers stamp set and it's stamped onto Pacific Point card stock.


To embellish, I have added a gold twine bow under the sentiment and a mix of basic rhinestones and the new brushed brass butterflies. I'm really pleased with this CASE'd card - our catalogues are such a great source of inspiration.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

You will find a list below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card.

It's time to go see more Pacific Point creations from the team.
Our next talented and creative team member to check out is, Theresa Gerrard


And just a quick reminder that our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.





Product List

5 comments:

  1. Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia and Pacific Point look amazing together and I love the soft shabby chic style of your card, Caroline. You've masked that butterfly beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, that big masked butterfly looks fabulous surrounded by the Eden's Garden frame. I love the little cluster of die cuts behind your heat embossed sentiment flag too, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Caroline. I really like the crispness of the embossed sentiment on the pacific Point, and the contrast of the gold metallic trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love how you stamped, and stencilled, directly onto the woodgrain-patterned DSP, Caroline. Your use of plenty of white is a great choice, with Pacific Point. I love the sentiment white-embossed on Pacific Point; a really striking detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline this card is just beautiful and that butterfly so pretty in those colours. The addition of the small brushed butterflies is lovely as is the sprig behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.