Wednesday 9 March 2022

Colour Creations Week 39 - Real Red


Hello everyone and welcome to another week of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

It's Week 39 and our spotlight colour is Real Red, a member of the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


My card for this week features an eclectic mix of dies and embossing folders. Inspiration came from Brandy Cox, a U.S. demonstrator. On Brandy's card she used scrappy strips of Designer Series Paper to create a background for her focal image. I loved her design but decided to change it up a bit.


I used four different embossing folders, choosing each of them to compliment the other. And by placing a busier pattern next to a more subtle one I got the look I wanted. This was a great way to use up those strips of thick Basic White card stock that I can't bear to throw away. My stash is really growing!


The Real Red elements are a hexagon, cut from the Beautiful Shapes dies, and flowers using my beloved Pierced Blooms die set. The hexagon frame was made using two dies - one smaller than the other. I added a bit of Flirty Flamingo card stock and a narrow strip of the Hand-Penned DSP in Pool Party/Mint Macaron, (I think it's a blend of the two colours), for contrast.


The sentiment, from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set, was stamped in Blackberry Bliss to echo the red tones. It was stamped onto a smaller hexagon from the Beautiful Shapes dies. I added basic rhinestones to the flower centres for a touch of sparkle.

There are store links to each of the Stampin' Up! products I have featured on my card, below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by.
It's time to hop to the next blog and see another Real Red project.
Christine Blain, is our next creative and talented team member to share her creation with us.


As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again next week. 🌻





Product List

5 comments:

  1. Carolyn, how good does Blackberry bliss look stamped for the sentiment! All your lovely textured white space looks amazing and really makes the Real Red pop. Such an unusual and creative layout, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that texture and the sweet little blossoms. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Real Red elements really stand out, against the beautiful embossed white strips, Caroline. This is a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card Carolyn with it's pop of Real Red and such a great way to use all of those scraps of basic white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of products, Caroline, and I love the white space, especially the embossed textures of your strips.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.