Wednesday 2 March 2022

Colour Creations Week 38 - Pumpkin Pie


Hello everyone and welcome to Week 38 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Pumpkin Pie is a gorgeous, vibrant orange and it's our spotlight colour for tonight. It's a member of the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


Being such a strong colour, I find that Pumpkin Pie can be overwhelming to create with. So I used the full strength colour of the card stock for the background layer and the sentiment strip but with a little bit of water colouring I was able to soften the floral elements.


On separate pieces of Fluid 100 watercolour paper I applied the colours of Pumpkin Pie, Polished Pink and Granny Apple Green ink with the widest brush of our water painters. I love the different shades of Pumpkin Pie and the sweetest touch of Polished Pink. After drying the watercolour paper with the heat tool I used my absolute favourite dies of all time to die cut the flowers and leaves from the Pierced Blooms die set.


The off set layers are Pumpkin Pie, Basic White and the striped gold pattern is from the Abstract Beauty Specialty DSP. On the Pumpkin Pie and Basic White layers, I have embossed with the Stripes & Splatters 3D embossing folders. I like the texture on these layers rather than leaving them just plain card stock.

I added a Vellum doily before laying down the sentiment strip and die cut flowers. This gives another soft and subtle element and I love the lacy look to it. The flowers and leaves were stuck down with a variety of glue dots and stampin' dimensionals. The sentiment was heat embossed in white and is from the Free As A Bird stamp set. I cut a slightly wider strip of the Abstract Beauty SDSP from a pattern that has Pumpkin Pie and gold foil in it to sit the sentiment on. In hindsight I should have cut it a bit wider, but I know it's there. 😉


The writing panel on the inside is matted with Pumpkin Pie card stock, and I added a flower and leaves from the left over water coloured paper. I drew the small centre dot with a silver gel pen.


To embellish I wanted some contrasting sparkle to all the gold and orange so I chose basic rhinestones for the flower centres, and some silver twine that I tied into a triple bow and placed under the floral element.

There is a list of links below to all of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card.

Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
It's time to hop to the next blog and see another Pumpkin Pie project.
Sharon Davern, is our next creative and talented team member to share her creation with us.


 As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again next week. 🌻






Product List

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea, to dilute the intensity of Pumpkin Pie by watercolouring. Such a gorgeous result, Caroline ... all of the flowers are so pretty and delicate. I love the inclusion of a square vellum doily, adore (as you do!) the Pierced Blooms, and really like the use of gold and white stripes with orange. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of colour you've achieved with your watercolouring, Caroline, and all the added texture on your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Caroline, I adore all of those beautiful layers and the softened watercolour flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pierced Blooms are winners all round aren't they? Love your skewed layers and the added texture, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to create the die cut Pierced blooms. It wasn't until i read your text that I realised that they weren't just die cut from cardstock. The effect of softening the colours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Caroline and the watercoloured flowers are so pretty and I love them teamed with the striped gold DSP.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.