Monday 4 July 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 1




Hello everyone!
It's been such a long time since I last posted here that I thought I might have even forgotten how! But it's just like riding a bike, you never really forget.

I'm excited to be back and even more excited to be joining other members of the Art with Heart team in our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2022.

My project tonight is CASE'd from the lovely Julie DiMatteo of The Paper Pixie. This sweet Mini Card & Pouch Set has so many uses.


Not only would they make a great gift but you could also make up a few and donate to a charity or organisation for their monthly cake/variety stall. I'm sure they'd be a sell out!


I have used a lovely pattern from the Boughs of Holly 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper that you can find in the July-December Mini Catalogue. This pack of DSP has beautiful designs in traditional Christmas colours and coordinates with the Leaves of Holly Bundle that are part of the Boughs of Holly Suite of products. Definitely worth checking out on pages 24-25 of the mini catalogue.


A total of eight cards and matching envelopes make up the set of mini cards. However, you could make a total of twelve cards without the envelopes because the cards and pouch are made using just three sheets of 6" x 12" DSP.  Two pieces of 12" x 12" designer paper are cut in half yielding four 6" x 12" pieces. Two are used for the cards, and the third is used to make the pouch, leaving one sheet left over. Such a great project to use up some of your leftover designer series paper!


The stamped images and sentiment are from the Peaceful Deer stamp set in the Annual Catalogue. I used Real Red and Old Olive to stamp. A list of thumbnail images that are linked to my online store can be found below for the products I used to create this project.


This photo gives you an idea of the size. It's such a cutie!


Julie has a great video on how she created her mini cards & pouch set over on YouTube and you can find it by clicking here.

That's it from me tonight everyone - thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Rosa Leyden is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you do happen to have issues moving onto any of the blogs don't despair, our lovely host Sharon Davern will have the list of everyone who has participated in the blog hop tonight. You can find her here.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

12 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project for using this gorgeous DSP, Caroline. I love little sets of cards, they are so useful and this would make the most darling gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little gift set! So neat and tidy, and I agree that it would be perfect on a fundraising stall or as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness ... adorable, and elegant, all in one! It's so nice to see your beautiful creations, Caroline - you've been missed. I love how you have used that beautiful poinsettia paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful and would indeed make a lovely gift! Thank you for sharing 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute project, Caroline. I love how you can fit so many cards and envelopes into that little pouch, also coordinating with that beautiful paper. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful pouch to store the mini cards. The poinsettia DSP looks beautiful on your cards Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline what a great set of gift cards you have created and a perfect way to feature that gorgeous paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Caroline. You and your beautiful creations were missed. I loved this gorgeous little 'pouch' when I saw Julie DiMatteo's video but I really love the way you have made it your own with this lovely Christmas paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely project Caroline. I love it! What a lovely gift set whether for Christmas or change up for other times of the year! These are beautiful with the gorgeous DSP. So lovely to have you back hopping along you have been missed. Thank you for participating in the Heart of Christmas blog hop and getting us off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gorgeous project! I’m looking forward to having a play with this pouch after seeing your gorgeous make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Caroline. It is so good to have you hopping with us. I so love your project. It is a great way to use and showcase DSP and looks so elegant. I will certainly be giving it a go - thank yuo for the description and the link. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.