Monday 11 July 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 2


Welcome to Week 2 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from the Art with Heart Team. Week 2 already - wow, just watch the weeks fly by now!


As soon as I saw the Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder in the July-December Mini Catalogue for 2022, I knew I had to get it. It took me right back to the July-December mini catalogue from last year and the Whimsy & Wonder Suite which was my absolute favourite from that catalogue.
The tree designs in this embossing folder echo those whimsical, fun elements and I just had to have it.


I used non-traditional Christmas colours of Polished Pink and Pool Party and lots of shimmer and sparkle that add to the fun, festive vibe. I have sparkly Wink of Stella snowdrops, a shimmery Pool Party and silver twine bow, and a twinkle of white glimmer paper. A Christmas tree isn't fully adorned without baubles, so the glossy dots in Melon Mambo and Pool Party plus festive pearls in silver, were a perfect inclusion on my card.


The white heat embossed greeting and sentiment are from the Leaves of Holly stamp set. 'Christmas Wishes' was fussy-cut and 'From our Home to Yours' was die-cut using a banner die from the Stylish Shapes dies in the Annual Catalogue.

A product list of thumbnail images that are linked to my online store can be found below.


 I used a sponge dauber and white pigment ink to highlight the embossed tree images. This also softens the look of the Polished Pink card stock and gives the whole card a white Christmas feel.

That's it from me tonight everyone - thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Our lovely host Sharon Davern, is the next talented and creative member of the team to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.



If you do happen to have issues moving onto any of the blogs, don't despair - Sharon will have a list of everyone who has participated in tonight's hop. You can find her blog here.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.






Product List

10 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty Christmas card, Caroline. I love how you sponged white ink over the embossed background, and the gems and sparkles are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard11 July 2022 at 20:29

    Beautiful card Caroline, I love the colour scheme you've chosen, and the silver flecks on the Whimsical background are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much!! The pink embossed trees in the background look amazing, and the touches of Pool Party and shimmer make your card sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout you chose for this card and your colour choice is gorgeous. I hadn’t noticed those gems before and I love the way you have used them and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous colours and love your use of shiny gems to add Christmas sparkle to your card Caroline. Fabulous use of the EF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry forgot to add my name

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful card Caroline. I love your colour scheme and the way you have heroed the embossing folder with the tree decoration gathered on the label. So beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and vibrant Christmas card, Caroline. The sponged white ink really showcases the whimsical pattern in your embossed background, and I love the cluster of gems and sparkles on the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully composed card, Caroline. All the soft sparkly embellishments and Wink of Stella are lovely and the way you softened the Polished Pink card with the dauber is perfect. Love a non-traditional coloured Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I missed this embossing folder somehow along the lines and it is so good as your background and feature! Love that you have added the bit of white to the embossing. Gorgeous card you know you are the embossing folder queen!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.