Monday 15 August 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 7



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 7 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart team.

In a recent order, I included the Santa Express Memories & More Card Pack that is available in the July-December mini catalogue. Not only are these packs great for memory keeping, they're also great for adding to your card fronts!


In the card pack you'll get 54 double sided cards - that's 36, 3" x 4" and 18, 4" x 6" sizes. There's also 4 acetate overlays, 2 laser-cut sheets of festive words, snowflakes and stars and 2 sticker sheets. That's fantastic value!


As soon as I saw this jolly fellow I knew I had to make a card for tonight's hop using him as the star of the show. He has a very vintage nordic look - wouldn't you agree?

This faux stepper card was the perfect style of card to show him off. I used two other elements from the card pack - the laser-cut 'merry' and the 'Christmas' sticker. They all add to the vintage vibe.


Here's the back of the card. There's plenty of room to write your personal message and I added another cute Santa sticker.


Here's a side view of the card. It's just two pieces of card stock and no need to cut into the base of the card to create the stepped look.


I used a Scalloped Contours die to crop the 3" x 4" straight edge Santa card. Behind him is a piece of Real Red glimmer paper and an embossed piece of Sahara Sand using the Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder.

I thought this pattern with its garlands of stars and baubles from the Lights Aglow Specialty DSP suited the card perfectly. Even though you can only see it in real life, the ribbing on Santa's hat and his cheeks have a touch of sparkle from the Wink of Stella glitter pen. And of course every Christmas card needs some sparkly rhinestones right!

You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Theresa Gerrard is our next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely host, Sharon Davern.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

11 comments:

  1. Caroline, you've used the Memories and More elements to perfection on your card; it is delightful! I love the contrast of the muted Sahara Sand tones with the red glimmer paper. The Santa image, cut out with the Scalloped Contour die, is a wonderful focal point for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea to use the Scalloped Contours die to crop the M&M Santa card, Caroline. Yes, it does have a nordic vintage vibe and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Christine, it's a delightful card! I just received these cards, and I agree that they are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what else you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use the Memories and More cards, I love the scalloped edges you’ve added

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful Christmas card Caroline. This faux step card does show off Santa brilliantly. I love the way you have rimmed him with a Scalloped Contour die. Your layering is gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red and grey colour combination you have used Caroline, and the different elements you have pulled together perfectly. Thanks for the side view of the faux step card, I hadn't seen that before - what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fabulous card Caroline! Love the layering, the DSP from Lights Aglow and the scalloped Santa image. Just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly fabulous fancy fold card my friend and then the Memories and More elements that you used and made the focal point of your card. The faux step card shows off Santa so well. All those little details that you have incorporated like the dies, the dsp and the memories and more extras makes a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else what a great way to use the Memories and More cards and that Santa just pops right out at you! Thanks for the side view of the card as it explains how it is done. Just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Christmas card Caroline. Love it!!! Thanks for showcasing the Memories and More cards. I hadn't had a proper look at them and your wonderful card has certainly sent me scurrying for the catalogue. Love that you included a side view to help us understand the card's construction. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mix of products, Caroline. I hadn't noticed the M&M cards, but that Santa certainly takes pride of place on your fun fold card. Lovely colour combination and use of the DSPs. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.