Monday 22 August 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 8


Hello everyone!
We are up to Week 8 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from the Art with Heart Team. Time is certainly flying by!

For this week's card I wanted to try something new.
So here is my first attempt at a Waterfall card featuring some very cute gnomes!


I have been really looking forward to using the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper. The patterns are so adorable and I love the colour palette. Gnomes have been popular for Christmas decorating over the last couple of years. I did a quick Google search and read that they are known as Christmas gonks! Small figures with long beards and knitted hats, and many think of them as being the Nordic version of Santa Claus/Father Christmas. Their nose is the most distinctive part of their face and they are believed to be responsible for protecting their owner's home during winter and Christmas.


I took my paper snips and fussy cut around the DSP images that I wanted and then I cropped them with a square die from the Stylish Shapes die set. Each image is backed with a 2" piece of Pool Party card stock and attached to a rectangular piece of card stock at intervals marked with scored and folded lines.
As you pull on the ribbon tab, each panel is revealed in a flip over motion.

Here's a little video to show you how it works.



A strip of card stock, in this case Soft Suede, is added as a guide for the waterfall mechanism. I used snowflakes from the Peaceful Deer stamp set and heat embossed them on the sides of the Soft Suede strip. The sentiment is stamped in Poppy Parade and it's from the same stamp set. Over the top of the snowflakes I added one of each colour from the Festive Pearls pack and a basic rhinestone.


Interactive cards are so much fun and it's hard to resist playing with them over and over again.....

You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Christine Blain is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely host, Sharon Davern.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.


 

Product List

7 comments:

  1. The colours in these papers are so beautiful, and you've used them to perfection, Caroline. What a lovely card. I like the way you added some "bling", giving contrast to the subtle tones in the papers. The placement of the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for including a little video - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caroline, such a cute and delightful card. I love it. I am in awe of your gnome waterfall - very clever. Thank you for the video; and for your gnome research - so interesting. Love your colour combo. Beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card waterfall card Caroline and thank you for taking the time to record a video and share your information about the Christmas gonks. The soft colours in your card are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Caroline your waterfall card is just too cute to feature those gorgeous Christmas gonks! I really love the Soft Suede panel and its embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is one fantastic waterfall card using the gnomes, Caroline. What a funny name to call them, gonks... think I'll stick to Gnomes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your waterfall card Caroline! So Cute and what a great way to use this DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and so clever Caroline. You always have a way of challenging me and even changing my mind. I really am not a fan of the gnomes but your card makes me smile and absolutely showcases the very best of the suite.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.