Monday 24 October 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 17



Hello and welcome everyone to Week 17 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

All aboard the Santa Express!


It's been a while since I last made a slimline card so when I saw this fabulous sheet of DSP from the 12" x 12" Santa Express pack, I knew it was time to create one.


These background scenes are just perfect for slimline cards and each one is different - just take your pick.


I fussy cut the engine and carriages as I didn't purchase the dies. However, the images are easy to cut out as they are mostly straight edges. I added even more dimension by fussy cutting Santa and the presents, the reindeers scarf and the wheels and I popped dimemsionals behind each piece as well as the entire train.


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in black. It's from the Christmas To Remember stamp set in the Annual Catalogue and it's stamped onto the reverse side of the scenery DSP. I flagged both ends to represent a banner and the flag pole was trimmed from one of the cards in the Santa Express Memories & More card pack.


Instead of smoke puffs, I used my light Balmy Blue Stampin' Blend and some Wink of Stella sparkle to colour three different sized laser-cut snowflakes from the M&M pack. Snowflake puffs are much more fun, and after all what else would you expect from Santa's Express!

Added bling is a Festive Pearl to Santa's hat, a Basic Rhinestone for the top of the flag pole and a Red Rhinestone for Rudolph's nose. 


Inside I have decorated with another sentiment from the Christmas To Remember stamp set and two stacks of fussy cut presents. The gold foil bows were left over from another project and I just had to add some glimmer paper trim!


Strips of glimmer paper were also added to the top and bottom of the scenery panel on the front of the card.

You will find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to make my card. Each one is linked to my online store where you will find more info on each product.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Andrea Sargent is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us all.


If you are having difficulties with linking to the next blog in the hop, our lovely host Sharon Davern will have a complete list of all the team members participating tonight.

Stay safe and well everyone. See you all again soon.



Product List

8 comments:

  1. At first glance, you have created a delightful scene, Caroline ... but then, on closer inspection, the details you've added are amazing. I love the dimension you've added in several places, and the finishing touches that make this a truly beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Caroline!! I am the opposite of you, I ordered the stamps and dies, not the DSP, but seeing your card, I HAVE to get myself the DSP quick smart!! I just adore the way you have layered up the images - and that first sheet of DSP is soooooo cute!!
    Kathryn R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute. I love your Santa’s train slim line card Caroline. It is so much fun. I love your extra layers to create 3D elements, including Santa, the wheels, Rudolf’s scarf, etc. The sentiment as a banner flag is great. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline what a brilliant idea to use the snowflakes for the puffs of smoke! Love this and the train elements together with the sentiment banner. So many things to love on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Caroline your slimline card is fabulous and so very cute. The outside makes me smile and the inside is just perfect too. I admire all the effort you have gone to in creating your happy little Christmas scene. I love the layers and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Caroline and wow all that fussy cutting. You have chosen the perfect paper for the background and just built and built on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect background DSP for your cute little Christmas Train, Caroline. I love the little snowflakes for the steam! The Green & Gold Glimmer paper are fantastic for a bit of extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic slim line card and all the details that you have added with the snowflake and the sentiment in the banner is fantastic! This DSP is perfect for your Christmas scene! Love your card so much!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.